Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Basehor-Linwood High School is an above average, public school located in Basehor, KS. It has 880 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Basehor-Linwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-159 Students
- A-139 Students
- B58 Students
- B-55 Students
- B+50 Students
- B-44 Students
- B42 Students
- B+41 Students
- B35 Students
- B29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 49 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Basehor-Linwood High School
- BTonganoxie High School
- Tonganoxie Unified School District, KS
- 124 reviews
- A-Piper High School
- Piper-Kansas City Unified School District, KS
- 126 reviews
- A-Eudora High School
- Eudora Unified School District, KS
- 88 reviews
- C+Pleasant Ridge High School
- Easton Unified School District, KS
- 32 reviews
Basehor-Linwood High School Reviews
I have been a student at Basehor-Linwood High School for four years, and I have had a very great experience in my time there. I participate in a variety of activities, in which all excel at a high level. The teachers at BLHS are all very willing to work with students and help them succeed. My math teacher, for example, gets to school early, stays late, and makes herself available during our advisory to ensure that we are grasping concepts in her class. I have helped start two successful businesses in high school, and I will cherish those experiences forever. By doing real-world hands-on learning I have gained amazing skills that will serve me well in my college and professional career.
This high school really made me who I am. Through the support I got from students and staff, I figured out exactly what I want to do with my life. The community is amazing. Everyone is supportive of one another which is something I needed growing up. The classes are challenging but manageable. The teachers are encouraging and helpful. The student body is positive and uplifting. Basehor-Linwood High School simply motivates me to be the best I can be. I love the environment and I genuinely get excited to come to school every day. I would not be the person I am if I'd attended any other school. Basehor-Linwood has given me opportunities and experiences I couldn't have gotten anywhere else. This high school will always be special to me and I'm actually sad to be leaving this community when I graduate. I love Basehor-Linwood and I'm thankful for all of the amazing opportunities it offers to students of all interests.
You can go very far if you are dedicated. There is plenty of courses offered from the school that can get you into sophomore year of college after graduating. The staff is willing to work with students on issues in school. There is also plenty of opportunities here, but if you don't see anything recommend it to the staff and they will try to make it a thing. Academics aren't the only thing the school is renowned for the powerlifting team is great and many other sports. There is also many non-sport training that the school has to offer.