Bartlett High School is a public school located in Anchorage, AK. It has 1,491 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Bartlett High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+281 Students
- B67 Students
- A+45 Students
- B40 Students
- A36 Students
- B+27 Students
- A+24 Students
- A-22 Students
- A-22 Students
- A+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 72 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Bartlett High School Reviews
What I liked about Bartlett was that they offered a Medical Academy which gave me exposure to classes and training that has given me a leg up in the medical field. What I would like to see Bartlett do is give the students back some of the simple things like Senior Quotes, senior fun day away from the school, involving freshman class to raise funds for future senior activities, exploring a school within a school where students can get some credits for college.
I was able to attend Bartlett high school as a senior. It was a great experience to attend a school with such ethnic diversity. A variety of classes were offered for students of different skill levels and of different interests. I was personally active with the medical classes, clubs, and a part of making the medical department in our high school larger and more advanced. I did visits to the near by universities for research and for support of Bartlett highschool. Additionally, I spoke at a conference with head Alaskan government officals about improving the medical department at Bartlett High school. I had a great experience in my medical classes, with my medical professors, clubs and simply being apart of the progress to improve the highschool's medical department.
As a Junior attending my third year at Bartlett High school I can proudly say that Bartlett is an amazing school filled with great diversity, understanding teachers, and enormous amounts of pride. The colors blue and gold runs through the blood of every student and teachers. The amount of spirit at this school is rich. Although, considered one of the more "financially low" schools the idea has not get the best of us for our motto, "Bears don't quit." Keeps everyone moving forward towards graduation day and success.