Bartlett High School is a public school located in Anchorage, AK. It has 1,499 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Bartlett High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+296 Students
- B-76 Students
- A+52 Students
- B40 Students
- A39 Students
- A-30 Students
- A-28 Students
- A-27 Students
- B25 Students
- A+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 74 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Bartlett High School Reviews
I love the diversity Bartlett has, and the effort put in to include all the cultures. I generally feel pretty safe, and I feel like the problems at Bartlett are handled well. Our principle and the staff work hard to include the students and make us feel welcome by the friendly handshakes at the door and casual conversations in the hallway. The staff also does well in encouraging us to become involved, in sports or clubs or other extra curricular activities. The staff also supports us in our decisions and academic goals and helps us with our needs. The understanding at Bartlett is also spectacular, most everyone accepts the diversity and differences in the students lives and opinions.
I love Bartlett High School. I started my underclassmen years at a different high school that was out of town and away from my junior high friends. The second I stepped into the golden bear den, I could feel the difference. The warmth and community brought forth by everyone, the diversity of the students and curriculum. Staff and students alike were immediately a second family to me. From pulling me aside to get me to shape up to encouraging me for winning awards at state competition, I've always known that Bartlett was the school I was meant for.
I was always in check with my counselor, I can always count on her. I had four amazing years at Bartlett. I was a transfer student as a freshman and I made a lot of new friends. I joined soccer and cheer. Everyone was very nice. I performed in the pep assemblies, representing our Bartlett dance contemporary class. I could easily talked with my teachers about my grades or issues.