Barrington High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B97 Students
- A+74 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+50 Students
- B+49 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+36 Students
- B+36 Students
- A+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Barrington High School Reviews
Review Barrington High School
The faculty at BHS is very nice. They actually care about their students and their jobs. They are engaging and supportive and want you to succeed. The guidance office is absolutely wonderful! They can help you with anything and everything-even nonschool related. There is a wide-range of personalities, but not any diversity. This school has a good environment and is involved in the community.
Barrington High School is a school that truly supports it's students from Freshman through Senior year. The school is constantly changing and improving in order to meet technology standards. The parents are involved and the teachers are very supportive of our growth and success. There is a true sense of community within the school and many varied clubs and activities to choose from. There is a diverse student body, yet there is a sense of family and belonging that creates welcoming environment for all. Barrington High School was named a 2017 Gold Medal School by US News & World Report.
The school does have a very strong curriculum and certainly encourages nothing less than greatness. However, there are few if any outlets for stress, and sports are so intense that many students cannot balance them with academics. Very few teachers offer any real support. The guidance department is filled with adults that do not have any idea how to do their job. Students with any mental thing holding them back have no way to make up lost ground. Nonetheless, it has put students in very fantastic colleges and has helped them get far in life.