Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Barrington High School is a top rated, public school located in Barrington, RI. It has 1,101 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Barrington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B256 Students
- grade A+182 Students
- grade A+137 Students
- grade A minus132 Students
- grade A+131 Students
- grade A+110 Students
- grade A+97 Students
- grade A93 Students
- grade A90 Students
- grade B82 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 64 responses
- Battle of the Classes16%
- Football Games13%
- Senior Banquet9%
- I liked DNA day where we discuss who invented DNA!8%
- Relay for Life8%
- Spirit week8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,529 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 32 responses
Schools like Barrington High School
- grade A+East Greenwich High School
- East Greenwich Public Schools, RI
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 154 reviews
- grade A minusPortsmouth High School
- Portsmouth School District, RI
- Rating 3.87 out of 5 217 reviews
- grade A minusNorton High School
- Norton Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 145 reviews
- grade BDighton-Rehoboth Regional High School
- Dighton-Rehoboth Regional School District, MA
- PK, 9-12
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 155 reviews
Barrington High School Reviews
Rating 4.03 out of 5 192 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Barrington High School is overall a really great school. It’s rather competitive but for as long as I’ve been attending Barrington schools, I’ve rarely ever seen bullying or dropouts. The teachers are amazing and are very dedicated to their students. The school emphasizes the importance of creativity and hard work. They offer a variety of sports and clubs so all students can participate in social and academic activities. I think it’s one of the best public schools for college preparation because of the dedication of teachers and staff to get students academically and emotionally ready for the future. The school does unintentionally promote a certain standard that each student feels they must adhere to by taking multiple AP courses and participating in clubs and sports. Although this standard can be stressful, I think it also allows the students to achieve their full potential. I think Barrington has prepared me well for the future and I am glad I attended.
I had a great experience at BHS for four years that I attended. They offer classes that are suitable for all levels. The teachers really care about the students and devote extra time to each individual student if it is needed. Most of the teachers are engaging and really enjoy teaching the subjects that they are assigned to. Overall, I feel that the teachers take the extra step to make learning fun and entertaining for the students. I definitely feel prepared to begin my next chapter in college, and I feel fortunate that I had the experience that I did at BHS.
Barrington High School provides all students with the tools necessary to be successful in whichever post-secondary educational opportunity they chose to explore. The teachers are passionate about their jobs and work hard to meet the needs of all students. Both before and after school help is offered. The school's National Honor Society also provides free tutoring opportunities every day during study periods and four days a week at the public library. The school culture is incredibly welcoming and supportive of all newcomers. There are a wide range of sports offered and numerous clubs that meet a wide range of interests. Whether those interests be art, writing, debate, law, business, math, medicine, etc., there truly is a place for everyone. As the number one public school in the state, and in the top 200 in the nation, any parent would be hard pressed to find a better district to live in.