Barrington High School is a top rated, public school located in Barrington, RI. It has 1,116 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Barrington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B175 Students
- A+128 Students
- A+102 Students
- A-98 Students
- A+96 Students
- A+80 Students
- A65 Students
- A64 Students
- A+63 Students
- B+63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Barrington High School
- A+East Greenwich High School
- East Greenwich Public Schools, RI
- 137 reviews
- APortsmouth High School
- Portsmouth School District, RI
- 192 reviews
- A-Norton High School
- Norton Public Schools, MA
- 120 reviews
- BDighton-Rehoboth Regional High School
- Dighton-Rehoboth Regional School District, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 146 reviews
Barrington High School Reviews
I have had a great experience with Barrington High School. The teachers and general community are amazing in terms of truly engaging their students. Students of all grades are challenged both in and out of the classroom. However, this does tend to induce a high stress environment for children that take the higher level classes. The homework load that is placed on students is often very difficult to handle. Nonetheless, the college preparation and time management skills developed at Barrington High School are great.
Over all this is a good school, the kids are fake but some are chill. Some teachers you will absolutely love and some not so much, especially the blonde lady at the front desk. Idk why she’s so mean and when she realized that her life is going downhill so badly, that’s probably the reason she’s bad, imagine going to college just to work as the person who lets people in. Anyways all the other stuff is good I guess, not many other complaints.
The faculty at BHS is very nice. They actually care about their students and their jobs. They are engaging and supportive and want you to succeed. The guidance office is absolutely wonderful! They can help you with anything and everything-even nonschool related. There is a wide-range of personalities, but not any diversity. This school has a good environment and is involved in the community.