Barrington High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+305 Students
- A+229 Students
- A+133 Students
- A132 Students
- A130 Students
- A+124 Students
- A+114 Students
- B103 Students
- A98 Students
- A+93 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 97 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Barrington High School Reviews
Review Barrington High School
My overall experience so far at BHS has been great. I have met so many new people and the upperclassmen make me feel really welcomed and part of the school. The upperclassmen are extremely encouraging. all of them are nice, helpful, fun, and enthusiastic. I have been challenged this year with an AP class, but my teacher makes the journey a bit easier and I am learning how to be prepared for my future this way. The clubs and sports are great and BHS offers SO MANY. I loved this so I could try to get involved and try out different activities that interest me. One wish I have for the future of BHS is for it to have more color and school spirit. Right now, majority of the kids are involved in activities, but not enough and it would be great to encourage more students to get involved to grow the BHS community, love, and support for each other during high school!
I think what makes Barrington unique is the enormous amount of opportunity they provide for students. They encourage students to step out of their comfort zone and to try new clubs/extracurricular activities, or even create their own. They had endless options of clubs varying from art to career related to athletic clubs or clubs that pertained to a specific hobby. Moreover, Barrington had such a supportive environment. The teachers, parents, administration always supported students in whatever endeavors they wanted to try! Barrington was a great high school!
For the greater amount, this school is absolutely wonderful. You can partake in classes of Independent Living and learn to finance your life, or take Human Biology and work with cadavers. There truly are unlimited options! As a thespian, to have a proactive theatre program is fantastic! You can be in drama club after school and an acting class during school. The only downfall to this school is the attitude. Most people take the excellent education for granted. They feel that because their families have unlimited cash, they can pay their way through school and life. Overall, Barrington High School has something for everyone. You want to build robots? You want to be an entrepreneur? Barrington has it all.