Barren County High School is an above average, public school located in Glasgow, KY. It has 1,272 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Barren County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-240 Students
- A-126 Students
- A-103 Students
- B75 Students
- C+50 Students
- B-48 Students
- B+45 Students
- C37 Students
- B+31 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Barren County High School
Barren County High School Reviews
I love everything about my school! I’ve been in the Barren County School system since kindergarten. Also my parents, grandparents. Everyone went here. It’s just an all together amazing school. And when my best friend committed suicide in August of 2017, the school system and community supported the family and myself extremely well.
Honestly, as much as I complained about school, it was a better experience than I made it out to be. They had lots of events and activities and they even added a choir my senior year which made me ecstatic! We always had goals to reach and there was always something planned for us. Plus, our school was over flowing with school spirit! There wasn't a single hallway you could walk down without seeing posters rooting for barren county, along with numerous flyers about up coming events, which were actually usually student based and produced. Over all, a very good experience that I'd hate to take for granted.
I moved in the middle of my sophomore year. Moving into barren county high school was a big adjustment, I was coming into a small conservative town, when I was from a large liberal city. The people were mostly nice but some looked down on me for my views. The staff and teachers have always been very helpful.