Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Barr-Reeve Community Middle/High School is an above average, public school located in Montgomery, IN. It has 443 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Barr-Reeve Community Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B53 Students
- C-44 Students
- A36 Students
- C+35 Students
- A-26 Students
- A+23 Students
- B17 Students
- A-15 Students
- B12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Barr-Reeve Community Middle/High School
- B-North Daviess Junior/Senior High School
- North Daviess Community Schools, IN
- 36 reviews
- C+Loogootee Junior/Senior High School
- Loogootee Community School Corporation, IN
- 27 reviews
- C+Washington High School
- Washington Community Schools, IN
- 77 reviews
- B-Shoals Community Junior/Senior High School
- Shoals Community School Corporation, IN
- 1 review
Barr-Reeve Community Middle/High School Reviews
Barr-Reeve is a school that sticks together through everything. Foreign exchange and new students are always felt overly welcome and loved. There has never been a community disaster/accident that has not hit Barr-Reeve students as much as the ones involved. The Amish background gives BR its own uniqueness. Horse and buggy's are not seen in very many places around the world. Culture is beyond important at Barr-Reeve. To many, this is just a small town hillbilly school. Those who say or think that could not be more correct. We just embrace it.
Barr-Reeve is an extremely small school, my senior class has only 55 students, so everyone knows everyone and their parents. You can have 1 on 1 time with teachers if you are wanting help in a certain class or subject. Friends are always there for you when you need them. Most of the teachers are extremely caring and loving to their students. You are able to get to know the staff members and be in an environment where you can feel at home. Barr-Reeve is not classified as a religious school but our school will take the time to thank God before any athletic event. This community really feels like home once you get used to our lifestyle.
Barr-Reeve is by far the best school in southwestern Indiana. The class sizes are small, which makes it super easy to get to know your teacher. This allows the teacher to adapt their teaching styles to fit the learning style of each student. With only 200-215 kids in grades 9-12, everyone knows everyone and its super easy to make friends and fit in.