Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Barnum Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Barnum, MN. It has 349 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Barnum Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A24 Students
- B+21 Students
- B-17 Students
- B+14 Students
- B+13 Students
- B+10 Students
- B9 Students
- A+9 Students
- C+8 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Barnum Secondary School
- B-Carlton Secondary School
- Carlton Public School District, MN
- 36 reviews
- B-Cromwell-Wright Secondary School
- Cromwell-Wright Public Schools, MN
- 18 reviews
- BMoose Lake Secondary School
- Moose Lake Public School District, MN
- 32 reviews
- C+Willow River Secondary School
- Willow River Public School District, MN
- 18 reviews
Barnum Secondary School Reviews
I loved my experience at Barnum High School. The teachers there pushed me to do my best, and are all personally invested in each student's success. The counselor goes out of her way to find the information that upperclassmen need. The school is small, so you can know basically everyone you go to school with, but there aren't many social functions to attend besides games and the occasional dance. And because they're small, they don't have the budget for some funner classes, but overall the classes offered are good ones. Highly recommend this school.
I love Barnum High School, their music program is so good!! I can connect with all of the teachers and staff. Not very many schools have it where all the teachers can talk to you by your name, and Barnum’s can. Not just the teachers, but also the staff. This is very much so a positive and motivating school setting. Everyone is trustworthy and honest. Of course there will be some kids that are mean, but the staff does everything they can to deal with issues.
I didn't mind this high school. There was a few experiences that were a little out of hand. The school has a budgeting issue, that could have been easily prevented. Overall, I did like my learning experience although there were a few not so great teachers.