Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Barnstable High School is an above average, public school located in Hyannis, MA. It has 1,802 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Barnstable High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A230 Students
- A+142 Students
- A+111 Students
- A+103 Students
- B96 Students
- B+90 Students
- C70 Students
- A+66 Students
- A-64 Students
- C+63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Barnstable High School
- A-Falmouth High School
- Falmouth Public Schools, MA
- 142 reviews
- BMashpee High School
- Mashpee Public Schools, MA
- 108 reviews
- B-Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School
- Dennis-Yarmouth Regional School District, MA
- 108 reviews
- BCape Cod Regional Technical High School
- Public School
- Harwich, MA
- 78 reviews
Barnstable High School Reviews
Barnstable High School has shown me more about the business world through there deca program, but also to be confident is a large school. I felt welcome to join clubs, to express my passions and take classes tailored toward a future profession or degree! The school has gotten many renovations, security advancements, and a brand new athletic field! They are improving each year.
My experience at Barnstable High School has been a terrific experience overall, but it has definitely had some kinks. Although every teacher at this school has provided me with kindness and respect, not all have made a lasting impression or contribution to my high school experience. Some (very, very few) teachers are not as knowledgeable on the subjects they teach as they should be. There have been instances where I have had to rely on upperclassmen to reiterate a concept rather than a teacher. On the contrary, all classes taught at BHS are challenging and provide the student with an adequate education. Multiple Advanced Placement classes are available, which I have generously used that to my advantage. There is ethnic diversity spread throughout the school, but ethnic groups tend to stay together. I have noticed slight racial division throughout the student body as I have matured. Nevertheless, BHS is a great school for academics and extra-curriculars.
Barnstable High School was an experience that strikes many emotions. Here I met some of my best friends... students and faculty, during my years at Barnstable I have grown a tremendous amount. Made mistakes that have taught me for the greater good. Barnstable High School is a welcoming place for people of all interests, races, and developmental stages. Every building has its haunted secrets, and Barnstable had many. The building could use some maintenance work but as we all know money is a huge factor. The student body count is around 2,000. As being a big school there are so many clubs, sports, and classes offered where you can find your place. The faculty is filled with amazing and motivational people who have pushed me to try my best and influenced me in a good way to become part of the person I am today. Over all Barnstable High School may have its downs but being, as formally known, a "Red Raider" I have learned the true definition of pride, respect, and honor.