Barker Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Barker, NY. It has 373 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Barker Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-26 Students
- C+16 Students
- B-15 Students
- C+15 Students
- A+11 Students
- A-11 Students
- B10 Students
- B10 Students
- A+10 Students
- B7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Barker Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Barker Junior/Senior High School
- B+Newfane Senior High School
- Newfane Central School District, NY
- 117 reviews
- B-Wilson High School
- Wilson Central School District, NY
- 67 reviews
- B-Royalton-Hartland High School
- Royalton-Hartland Central School District, NY
- 60 reviews
- BMedina High School
- Medina Central School District, NY
- 62 reviews
Barker Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Very good academic programs not a lot of diversity or opportunity’s. Counselors and administration aren’t very supportive.
Barker is one of the best schools to go to, and I am lucky to go here, We are a small school and there are a lot of advantage in living and going to a small school. I know students who's parents have gone to this school, I also remember talking to and hearing about two students were their parents have gone to this school and they were friends. I know a few teachers who have gone and graduated from Barker High School and chose to teach here because of the lovely atmosphere. I've also seen students who graduated from here substitute her and it's so intersecting to get them come back. First everyone knows everyone, we get along well and with the teachers to, This schools so friendly, and kind that we work together to help each other. The small class room where we are able to get the one-on-one interaction with the teachers. I would choose this school again because it's been great, every thing about it is great and I would change anything about it.
Good school, could use some teachers being removed but overall good despite being broke. They work well with what they have and there were a few teachers that were amazing.