Baraboo High School is an above average, public school located in Baraboo, WI. It has 992 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Baraboo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+101 Students
- A+42 Students
- A-34 Students
- B+34 Students
- B+31 Students
- C+25 Students
- B23 Students
- B+21 Students
- A-19 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Baraboo High School
- A-Sauk Prairie High School
- Sauk Prairie School District, WI
- 58 reviews
- BReedsburg Area High School
- Reedsburg School District, WI
- 70 reviews
- A-Lodi High School
- Lodi School District, WI
- 49 reviews
- B+Portage High School
- Portage Community School District, WI
- 39 reviews
Baraboo High School Reviews
I graduated from Baraboo High School in June of 2018. I attended all 12 years of schooling in the Baraboo School District. The High School helped me take AP courses to help prepare for college, and also worked with UW-Baraboo/Sauk County to allow BHS students take college courses during high school. Not all teachers at Baraboo were helpful to guide us on the right track to college, which has now given me struggles and put me behind since I am now in college. I think the high school needs to offer more AP testing and learn how to help students prepare for college better.
I like that there are so many different opportunities for the students. There are so many different classes, clubs, sports, and other extracurricular activities. The teachers there are great. They make sure that every student has a chance to succeed. I wish that the school was more focused on the curriculum than on sports. When it comes to sports here, everything is about politics. In my personal opinion high school and middle school sports should be more about the students' love for the games instead of politics.
I enjoyed Baraboo High because of a lot of different things. The main reason I like it is the teachers. The teachers are amazing and are always willing to help you. Also the teachers and the classes offered at my school help myself and my fellow students prepare for college in the best way possible. One thing I would like to see change about Baraboo High is the sports. Some of our sports teams are pretty good but the other half, not so much. Most of it starts with our facilities which need improvement. Overall though, my experience at Baraboo High has been great.