Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Banning High School is a public school located in Banning, CA. It has 1,090 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Banning High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+174 Students
- B+171 Students
- B-158 Students
- A147 Students
- A-130 Students
- A128 Students
- A127 Students
- A114 Students
- A+103 Students
- A-98 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Banning High School
- CBanning Independent Study
- Public School
- Banning, CA
- 5 reviews
- B-San Jacinto High School
- San Jacinto Unified School District, CA
- 443 reviews
- B+Yucaipa High School
- Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint Unified School District, CA
- 456 reviews
- B-Tahquitz High School
- Hemet Unified School District, CA
- 292 reviews
Banning High School Reviews
The experience in Banning High School was fun! Although we are a small school in a small community, we had the experience that other bigger and richer high schools have. Also the staff there is really invested and committed to teaching their students and providing the best for all students. I am also surrounded by many bright and intelligent people although we are called the "Ghetto" school because we are small and poor, other schools seem to underestimate us. Banning High is a real diamond in the rough and overall the school gave me an amazing experience of highschool life.
Now that I am at the end of my four years of high school I can say that my experience at Banning High School was very good for several reasons. One of the reasons why I enjoyed attending Banning High School is because of the people that attend the school are some of the most genuine nicest people that I have ever met which made my experience even better. Another reason why I enjoyed attending Banning High School is because the teachers and counselors helped me through every struggle that I ever encountered. Lastly, another reason I enjoyed attending Banning High School is because of the school spirit that made my experience fun.
My experience throughout banning high school has been up and down. The teachers at Banning High School are very nice and helpful. They will always take up some of there time to help you got with tutoring or any other type of help. The counselors are very helpful in helping you with your career path. As having good things there are also bad things such as class wise. I feel they should have more than one foreign language. The should organize classes a bit more because some student couldn't do AP Bio, and AP Physics in one school year because they made all science classes the first period. Overall BHs is a good school and there is school spirit!!