Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+121 Students
- A+111 Students
- A-71 Students
- B-59 Students
- B-52 Students
- B-51 Students
- A-46 Students
- A+40 Students
- B-38 Students
- C+34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Banneker High School Reviews
Review Banneker High School
Teachers give their all and all in their lessons and the kids their, despite what everyone rumors about the school if you haven been a teacher their or graduated there, Words are meaningless! Other schools may have fame and glory but what they don't have is heart and family. So many schools look down on this one but behind the curtains they were falling apart. That because they didn't know the meaning of sticking it out till the end, yes teachers and people have left but that because they didn't have heart to find out the true meaning of everyone's pain. Yet the teachers that have been their, teaching generation after generation have had the glory of finding true heart and bonding with kids as if we were their own.
Banneker High is now the worst High School in Fulton. Many would ask themselves if the best schools in Fulton are the best in the state, the worst shouldn’t be terrible, right? You’re dead wrong on that one. I could use statistics like the deplorable 51% graduation rate, or the low 16% AP Participation, or the 13% Math Proficiency, but I’d rather use personal experience. The day I walked in Banneker, the school was severely understaffed, the staff was severely dysfunctional, and the school had it’s 4th new principle in four years. Nothing got done. Schedules wasn’t fixed until a month in school, senior’s recommendation letters wouldn’t be completed, and councilors could hardly be reached.
My experience at Banneker has been rocky, I am now a senior and I dread attending there. The only think I like about Banneker is the few great teachers there. And when I say few, that is what I mean. Some things Banneker needs to change is being indecisive about everything, not paying attention and rewarding the students who excel, not being professional, and not keeping their word. These are some big problems Banneker has and it is effecting the school and the students tremendously.