Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Bangor Middle/High School is an above average, public school located in Bangor, WI. It has 306 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Bangor Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-15 Students
- A+12 Students
- B12 Students
- B+10 Students
- B10 Students
- A8 Students
- B6 Students
- A4 Students
- B+4 Students
- B-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Bangor Middle/High School
- BCashton Middle/High School
- Cashton School District, WI
- 31 reviews
- B+West Salem High School
- West Salem School District, WI
- 39 reviews
- B-La Crescent-Hokah High School
- La Crescent-Hokah School District, MN
- 49 reviews
- BSparta High School
- Sparta Area School District, WI
- 57 reviews
Bangor Middle/High School Reviews
For a small school, it is overall pretty good. The community is very supportive of all activities. The facilities are very good and relatively new. There is a bit too much focus on sports compared to other academic activities, which is annoying at times, although all are very successful in recent years.
I liked the small school aspect of Bangor. Since the school is so small, the teachers have the opportunity to connect with each of their students individually. As a whole, the student body is very positive and there are minimum instances of bullying. Athletics and the arts are very strong. Since the school is so small, students are able to and encouraged to participate in multiple activities at the same time such as choir, band, student council, football, basketball, and track among many others. One downside of Bangor is that students don’t get challenged as much as they should, which can be a problem for college readiness . Also, sometimes the size of the district is a drawback, such as only offering AP classes online. However, since it is close to UW- La Crosse, I had the opportunity to take college classes there during my senior year. Bangor covered all of the costs for my college classes. Overall, I had a wonderful experience at Bangor, despite a few drawbacks.
As a student at the Bangor School district, I always found it easy to know everyone. It's a small school, with helpful staff if you find the right ones. I have had a great experience, although the school does care more about sports than other activities. The food is marginal, but it is a public school. The community is very close knit and supportive of its students and athletes. It is also very safe.