Bangor Area High School is a public school located in Bangor, PA. It has 1,034 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Bangor Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+78 Students
- B-61 Students
- A54 Students
- A54 Students
- B-45 Students
- B44 Students
- A-38 Students
- A+35 Students
- B34 Students
- B+28 Students
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingC+
- Good for FamiliesC+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Bangor Area High School
- B-Pen Argyl Area High School
- Pen Argyl Area School District, PA
- 78 reviews
- BHackettstown High School
- Hackettstown Public School District, NJ
- 218 reviews
- BNorth Warren Regional High School
- Public School
- Blairstown, NJ
- 97 reviews
- B-Belvidere High School
- Belvidere School District, NJ
- 77 reviews
Bangor Area High School Reviews
There is very little diversity at Bangor. Many people are closed-minded, meaning that anyone who is different is outcasted for being who they are. The teachers are nice as long as you’re respectful and pay attention (which is how all students should treat their superiors).
I liked how there are a variety of different clubs, organizations, and sports within the school district. There is always something to do and joining clubs are easy and fun. I played Varsity soccer all four years of high school and I made friendships that will last a life time. The one thing I would improve would be having a mini-thon and coming up with new ways to raise money for charity.
Adverage school. Awful administration all with agendas other than the education of the students. Adverage teachers.. Some care.. some do not at all. Awful disciminitation and racism runs throughout the halls. Would not recomend moving to Bangor Area for the school at all. Some positives are the music program and the support of the community with events.