Ballston Spa Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ballston Spa, NY. It has 1,252 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Ballston Spa Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-72 Students
- A+52 Students
- B+48 Students
- A-46 Students
- A44 Students
- C+43 Students
- B41 Students
- A-41 Students
- C40 Students
- B40 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Ballston Spa Senior High School
- A-Shenendehowa High School
- Shenendehowa Central School District, NY
- 237 reviews
- ASaratoga Springs High School
- Saratoga Springs City School District, NY
- 255 reviews
- BScotia-Glenville Senior High School
- Scotia-Glenville Central School District, NY
- 55 reviews
- A-Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Senior High School
- Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Central School District, NY
- 115 reviews
Ballston Spa Senior High School Reviews
I had a good experience at BSpa High School. They offer a lot of programs for all different kinds of kids from special needs to full IB for those who want that experience. They have a lot of clubs that kids can join such as Odyssey of the Mind, Physics Club, Troupe, Band, Orchestra and more. The sports programs that I was involved in were awesome and there was great support from the Athletic Department. There is something at Ballston Spa High School for everyone!
Ballston Spa High School is a great school. I did not appreciate it at the time... however, since being in college I have come to realize how lucky we are to have so many AP and IB opportunities. A lot of my high school classes covered my Gen Ed requirements in college which has allowed me to double major! Academically, this school is great. (Most) of the teachers are wonderful. They really set you on the right path for a successful future.
It is a really good school, and I had a lot of amazing teachers. The IB program is somewhat unique in this area, but Ballston Spa has it and it's a great program. Lots of sports and clubs to join. The school is really careful about safety, and they've been starting a program where all the students will get chrome books during high school. The cafeteria food is pretty good, and there's even a coffee shop. However, there is low diversity in the student body. That's just the result of there being very low diversity in the area.