Ballard High School is a highly rated, public school located in Seattle, WA. It has 1,696 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Ballard High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+288 Students
- B+185 Students
- A-116 Students
- B+72 Students
- A64 Students
- A+63 Students
- A-61 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+52 Students
- A-51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Ballard High School Reviews
Overall, my experience at Ballard has been great. The performing arts program is quite nice, and is inclusive of all members. The school spirit is amazing! Each assembly and event has you exhilarated and proud to be a Ballard student. While I do love Ballard, it absolutely has room for improvement. The administration really tend to hesitate when dealing with problematic teachers and students, and it would be much more efficient if the staff put more energy towards being prompt when it comes to dealing with issues throughout the school. Other than the lack of action that sometimes occurs with complaints, Ballard is a wonderful institution who is constantly working on improving themselves through monthly developmental meetings of department heads and I hope to see improvement that students want to see rather than exclusively district mandated improvements.
I am an active member of the BHS community. Ballard has endless clubs, sports teams, and programs to immerse yourself in from day 1. As I graduate in 3 shorts months I have been in 3 choirs, on asb for 3 years, basketball, soccer, cross country, track, National Honor Society, Thespian, 2 musicals, 1 play, and a part of Unified Soccer. Ballard was an amazing high school!
For the most part, Ballard is a pretty good school. But for me, I have found that a lot of the people, both students and teachers, can be kind of snooty and are not all that nice. I have only had a few teachers that actually were both good teachers and caring about their students, and a lot of the students are very immature and are not that nice, though since the school is so large, it is pretty easy to find your people. Sports are fun (if you're good at them, if not, most sports will make cuts and are pretty selective). The performing arts program is thriving, and I believe that the science department is the strongest academic area in the school.