Ballard High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+258 Students
- B+169 Students
- A-102 Students
- B+65 Students
- A-57 Students
- A57 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+46 Students
- A-44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Ballard High School Reviews
Overall, my experience at Ballard has been great. The performing arts program is quite nice, and is inclusive of all members. The school spirit is amazing! Each assembly and event has you exhilarated and proud to be a Ballard student. While I do love Ballard, it absolutely has room for improvement. The administration really tend to hesitate when dealing with problematic teachers and students, and it would be much more efficient if the staff put more energy towards being prompt when it comes to dealing with issues throughout the school. Other than the lack of action that sometimes occurs with complaints, Ballard is a wonderful institution who is constantly working on improving themselves through monthly developmental meetings of department heads and I hope to see improvement that students want to see rather than exclusively district mandated improvements.
I thought Ballard was an incredibly great school, for me individually. But like anything else, it is what you make of it - but the teachers and faculty are completely encouraging and helpful in making the high school experience right for everyone. The counselors were ALWAYS there for me - even when panicking over what classes to take, I was able to meet with Mr. Kramer and he was able to guide me in the right direction based on my goals and aspirations. There is a wide variety of classes, and the challenging classes are some of the best academics around. The AP courses are challenging and taught extremely well, and really teach students to manage their time. Regular level classes and teachers don't reach this level generally, but some of Ballard's regular classes have teachers that are extraordinary, but not common. One of the biggest complaints about Ballard is the lack of diversity, but it's growing with clubs such as the Multicultural Committee, as well as Multicultural week.
Overall my experience at Ballard High School was a good one, I had many interesting classes, good teachers, and made some really good friends. The only thing that I would like to see changed is more diversity within the student body and staff even. The more different people you meet, the more you are opened up to the world. I think this is very important, especially for those of us going off to college where there will be even more people different from us.