Ballard High School is a highly rated, public school located in Seattle, WA. It has 1,852 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Ballard High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+408 Students
- B+249 Students
- A157 Students
- A-108 Students
- A-94 Students
- A+83 Students
- A+74 Students
- A-73 Students
- A+72 Students
- A-71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Ballard High School Reviews
Ballard High School has an incredible amount of resources and dedicated staff members and students that make that give opportunities that many people do not have. I spent most of my time in the music department, which is nationally awarded, but also in other fields like mathematics and science I found passions. However, there are many issues surrounding how the staff treat serious issues and deal with complicated situations. Ballard is also not diverse and separates distinctly into groups of ethnicity and activities.
About average school, diversity is low and the admins are awful. Many teachers are unfit, rude, abusive, or indifferent, but others are amazing. Who you get will be crucial to your experience. The admins are very inconsistent with discipline, often either too lenient or too harsh. The schools health amenities are superb, including the onsite Teen Health Center. The sports and music programs are great, especially the band and other the music programs, however, they’re underfunded, requiring lots of out-of-pocket donations. Upkeep is fair thanks to the janitors. There are several places on or near campus where students can mingle without intrusion and there’s a wide range of restaurants reachable by bus. But, it is quickly becoming too crowded with classes being forced into portables, but this means there’s a place/friend group for all. Good AP and running start options are readily available. Even with the problems, it is decent. Don’t expect to be treated fairly by the admins.
The science programs at Ballard are amazing! Most of the teachers are nice except a new of them. The principal is very kind and funny! He's always around and will always give you a high-five, which is refreshing compared to some other principals I've heard about.