Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Ballard High School is an above average, public school located in Huxley, IA. It has 535 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Ballard High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A135 Students
- grade A81 Students
- grade B+56 Students
- grade B minus40 Students
- grade B minus27 Students
- grade B minus17 Students
- grade A16 Students
- grade B14 Students
- grade B13 Students
- grade B9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responses
- Ballard's Got Talent21%
- Friday night football games21%
- The High school play21%
- Fund raisers8%
- Pep rally's8%
- Grand March4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,587 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 16 responses
Schools like Ballard High School
- grade B minusBondurant-Farrar High School
- Bondurant-Farrar Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 141 reviews
- grade BWoodward-Granger High School
- Woodward-Granger Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 32 reviews
- grade BNorth Polk High School
- North Polk Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 94 reviews
- grade A minusNevada High School
- Nevada Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 46 reviews
Ballard High School Reviews
Rating 3.72 out of 5 115 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I loved the atmosphere in band and speech! However, sometimes certain teachers didn't cater to the specific needs of the individuals in their classes, making it difficult for their students to fully understand the subject. On the other hand, most of the teachers were amazing and you can tell they really love their jobs!
I have gone to Ballard my whole life. During these years, I have never had a bad experience with teachers, staff, and the community. I do believe that some things can be changed, like how some teachers teach, and I think that they should check on the teachers more often to make sure that the teachers are doing their job. Overall, there are many encouraging teachers who push you to your limits and very friendly leaders in the school.
Ballard High School is a school that encourages career and college readiness. They strive to prepare students for all aspects of life, not just the academic areas. The teachers and administration truly care about their students and are more than willing to answer any questions or give advice.