Ball High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Galveston, TX. It has 1,998 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Ball High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+289 Students
- A-243 Students
- A+221 Students
- B-203 Students
- B+197 Students
- B159 Students
- A130 Students
- B118 Students
- A+112 Students
- A-94 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Ball High School Reviews
Overall it is a good school. If we focus on academic stand point I feel like we have a lot of amazing teachers. I personally have grown close with a lot of them and think that they are amazing as long as the student applies themselves. Extra curricular activities are a BLAST, personally being a part of 5 organizations, I love how much Ball High gets out and helps with community events. From beach cleanups and weekly recycling with National Honor Society to getting into elementary classrooms to assist in their learning with BESTT; Ball High has various amazing groups.
My experience with Ball High School is overall good. I take AP and DC classes. Every single one of my teachers have helped me greatly. I have grown and learned a lot throughout my time in Ball High School. There have been issues with bullying throughout the school, and there has not been enough action. Administrators need to get more involved with the students and offer support. It is a tough time for people in high school and it would be nice if there was more people standing up for us and helping us.
It’s not a bad school, it’s gotten better over the years since my brother last went there in 2008. I had an enjoyable time there, if you take AP or Dual credit classes they’re usually good. In regular classes it’s sometimes hard to actually learn because the kids get a little rowdy and don’t alway respect the teachers. It’s a pretty good school if you take the opportunities they give you like becoming part of the GCC program or taking some other classes that other schools probably don’t have. It’s not the best school in the world but definitely not the worst either.