Baldwin Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Pittsburgh, PA. It has 1,405 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Baldwin Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A300 Students
- A-203 Students
- A+184 Students
- B-133 Students
- B109 Students
- C86 Students
- B-83 Students
- A+76 Students
- B-70 Students
- B-70 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 107 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Schools like Baldwin Senior High School
- BKeystone Oaks High School
- Keystone Oaks School District, PA
- 106 reviews
- A-North Hills Senior High School
- North Hills School District, PA
- 364 reviews
- B+Canon-McMillan Senior High School
- Canon-McMillan School District, PA
- 304 reviews
- B+South Park Senior High School
- South Park School District, PA
- 198 reviews
Baldwin Senior High School Reviews
BHS has been my home for 4 years now. From it's diversity in students to its diversity in classes, it has let me experience so much that I could not have by myself. High school opened my eyes to the real world; I am no longer ignorant but educated. Most of us grow up with negative influences around us, whether it be a racist family member or a mannerless cousin. Your experiences in your private life are the conditioning you get for judging others. If what you're conditioned to think about the world was never proven wrong, a lot more people would be ignorant, e.g. slavery would still exist. Your first reaction to something is what you are conditioned to think, but the little voice that comes afterward is what you learn through education and school. If we weren't taught to be openminded, and respectful in school, we would grow up to be racist, homophobic, sexist; people who make others' lives miserable just because they are different. BHS especially allowed me to grow as a person.
Baldwin high school has allowed for everyone to be independent and individual. With all students getting chromebooks that we can customize with stickers to seniors getting the option to paint their parking space. The teachers are exceptional and are always there as an aid to any student in need. Giving students options to choose what we want to do have helped me greatly in the sense that I am able to do things how I want to as long as I follow rules. The freedoms baldwin has, helped me to realize limits and efficient ways to get work done. I can say that thanks to Baldwin high school, I have been able to branch out more and become the best version of myself.
They care about students and use student involvement for many decisions. Embrace cultural diversity and differences in students. Keep up with modern technology. Average emphasis on the arts. Major emphasis on sports specifically football over the arts. Have many AP, Honors, and CHS classes available to students to prepare for college.