Baldwin Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Baldwin, NY. It has 1,534 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Baldwin Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-260 Students
- A-158 Students
- A+157 Students
- B146 Students
- B+128 Students
- C125 Students
- B122 Students
- A+106 Students
- B+106 Students
- A105 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 126 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.61 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Schools like Baldwin Senior High School
- A-West Hempstead High School
- West Hempstead Union Free School District, NY
- 147 reviews
- ANew Hyde Park Memorial High School
- Sewanhaka Central High School District, NY
- 132 reviews
- AW. Tresper Clarke High School
- East Meadow Union Free School District, NY
- 104 reviews
- A-Valley Stream North High School
- Valley Stream Central High School District, NY
- 116 reviews
Baldwin Senior High School Reviews
I love my school! We come from all different cultures and backgrounds yet we all are their for one another. There’s something for everyone at our school. We have an amazing music program, STEM program, sport teams are always in the news. We are inclusive and we stand strong together as a community. I’m a jr. now and feel I received a top notch education. My teachers and counselor have gone above and beyond for me these past few years. Always there to tutor or answer one of my many questions.
My experience overall with Baldwin Senior High School was Ok. The resources are there and there are a good amount of activities but in my experience, a certain amount of teachers don't teach too well. Some classes were unnecessarily hard to understand because of the fact that some teachers don't explain questions well. For the most part, the club involvement is great and students help each other and work well together. The food in the school wasn't good at all but the location is close to many restaurants and fast food places as well as a gym. The facilities need some more cleaning but it was mostly ok. I somewhat liked my experience.
At Baldwin, several academies are offered in concentrations of engineering, Medical, Communications, etc. Multiple extracurricular are offered as well such as clubs, volunteer programs, and the Nassau BOCES Program. Teachers are qualified and teach well and are willing to communicate with students outside of school in order to improve grades and performance. Teachers are also available for tutoring outside of the classroom and mandatory extra help sessions. Baldwin is currently evolving with multiple renovations and new programs. Baldwin also is the top AA Class school in sports and music program.