Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Baldwin High School is an above average, public school located in Baldwin City, KS. It has 452 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Baldwin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-97 Students
- A-83 Students
- B49 Students
- B43 Students
- B+35 Students
- B+28 Students
- B26 Students
- B-26 Students
- B19 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Baldwin High School
- B-Ottawa Senior High School
- Ottawa Unified School District, KS
- 138 reviews
- A-Gardner Edgerton High School
- Gardner Edgerton Unified School District, KS
- 345 reviews
- A-Eudora High School
- Eudora Unified School District, KS
- 89 reviews
- B-Wellsville High School
- Wellsville Unified School District, KS
- 45 reviews
Baldwin High School Reviews
Baldwin High School is a very unique community of enthusiastic teachers and class mates. For example, Baldwin High School students love to go beyond the expectations of teachers or classmates by implementing a sense of “belonging somewhere”. This small city I love to call my home may look demeaning and wimpy but, this small city holds generations of local tradition.
Baldwin is best for kids who are involved in athletics. It's okay for kids interested in the arts, and bad for the kids who use high school as a place to experiment with their interests. Teachers were often mediocre at best. The school doesn't really prepare kids for college or life after high school. I graduated with no idea how to apply to schools or scholarships, jobs, or how to file taxes.
I went moved to Baldwin when I was 5, and transferred to their schools in 4th grade. Baldwin is a very small school, so everyone knows everyone. Many family bonds have been passed down to their children. I have made ever lasting relationships, and memories in this town. The school work at Baldwin High is manageable, and I sometimes wish that we had harder criteria. I have got a lot of support for many staff members in my choice to graduate a year early. I wish that Baldwin High made it easier to get in contact with grades above you. I would have taken a lot away from knowing some inside from upperclassmen. Our Baldwin schools are unique. We have great teacher, which many grew up around here. I love the sense of family and community that I gather from my school. The one thing that I would change, is the ability to get in contact with positive upperclassman to help us with problems or situations. I will never forget the relationships I have gained from Baldwin.