Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Baker High School is an above average, public school located in Mobile, AL. It has 2,578 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Baker High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B741 Students
- A427 Students
- A373 Students
- A-333 Students
- B+284 Students
- B236 Students
- B214 Students
- B+210 Students
- C-176 Students
- C175 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 74 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Baker High School Reviews
At Baker High School I was very successful. I learned many things beyond general education. I learned how to love one another, create forever friendships, grow up and how to survive in the real world outside of high school. I was blessed to receive many titles there especially within the music department. I was drum major for the marching band for two years and remained a principal player my whole time at Baker High School while actively participating in many different organizations within the school such as key club, Fccla, and more. After graduating Baker High School with a 4.0 gpa along with all of the many awards I've worked hard for, I was presented with many opportunities leaving there and I am forever grateful to my alma mater!
I absolutely love my school! They have so many opportunities for each student. We have the best teachers that care about their students and love their job. The only thing I would change would be the arts program. The dance team, marching band, choir, and drama does not get enough recognition. As an athlete on dance team, we go all school year and during the summer. We give up countless breaks for practices. We also perform with the band during football season. We do the play each year with the drama team. While we do this we are preparing for our own competitions . We go to regionals and nationals each year and place very high. We perform at pep rallies and other school events that we have. Our principal goes to every sporting event but has not come to one of the arts events. We have band concerts all the time and dance team put on shows every semester. The arts need some love from the rest of the school. We are just as important as any sports team.
My experience at Baker High School was memorable and free of strife. Baker High school provided lots of different opportunities for their students. They have several different academies for students to be in while getting the credits they need to graduate. The current principal of Baker High School made school fun without taking away the educational portion of learning. All of my teachers were committed to helping through my high school experience. The staff overall was devoted to making sure their students got the help that they needed to succeed. Baker High school allow all of the athletic and academic students be recognized for all of their hard work and detection. They did this is by announcing it on the BHS news which featured some of baker's most outgoing students and, giving us amazing pep rallies to support our athletic and academic peers. I definitely want to thank Baker High School's staff and my high school peers for giving me a unforgettable high school experience.