Bainbridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+273 Students
- B+145 Students
- A-108 Students
- A-72 Students
- B+55 Students
- A55 Students
- A+51 Students
- A51 Students
- A50 Students
- A49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Bainbridge High School
- A-Eagle Harbor High School
- Bainbridge Island School District, WA
- 12 reviews
- A+Mercer Island High School
- Mercer Island School District, WA
- 189 reviews
- A+Bellevue High School
- Bellevue School District, WA
- 158 reviews
- A+Roosevelt High School
- Seattle Public Schools, WA
- 240 reviews
Bainbridge High School Reviews
BHS truly is a very good school. I have had a wonderful experience with it. Most of the teachers are kind, helpful, and relatable. The school is in a small community, which makes tradition prominent and strong. These traditions, such as going to Seattle for homecoming, make school even more fun. I am a cheerleader which has helped me have a good time in high school because I am very involved. Bainbridge High School has a lot of opportunities, clubs, available classes, etc. The academics are hard but manageable and set you up for success. During my time at BHS there have been some issues with the staff and a teacher, coach, and security guard have been let go for bad things. But, compared to other schools, Bainbridge is very safe and drama-free. It is an excellent place to attend high school (go sparts).
The facilities and teachers are all great. However, the older art building is not nearly as much up to date as the newer language/math building. Teachers are all fair and easy to talk to. I did find it was hard to get involved in school spirit/activities as an incoming sophomore who had not attended BHS freshman year, I'd have liked to see some more programs meant to keep those types of students involved in the school. Parents are very involved, there are many clubs. The academics are fairly hard. Drugs definitely happen, but it's easy to avoid if you're not looking for it.
The existing extracurriculars are excellent! For the most part, once people join a club, they stick with it. For example, many students, myself included, participated in school athletics all four years of high school, which truly helps increase the school spirit and make our school feel like a true community. The clubs are diverse and cover a wide range of interests - from Gardening Club, to Young Democrats and Young Republicans. The club schedules are communicated clearly and they are very accessible for the entire student body. The clubs and extracurriculars truly enrich our student body and make the school a great place to be.