Badger High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lake Geneva, WI. It has 1,435 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Badger High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+135 Students
- B+79 Students
- A+62 Students
- B+58 Students
- A-44 Students
- A-34 Students
- B31 Students
- B28 Students
- B26 Students
- A24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Badger High School
- A-East Troy High School
- East Troy Community School District, WI
- 113 reviews
- B+Central High School
- Public School
- Salem, WI
- 163 reviews
- B+Burlington High School
- Burlington Area School District, WI
- 142 reviews
- B+Wilmot High School
- Public School
- Wilmot, WI
- 180 reviews
Badger High School Reviews
During my 4 years at Badger, my favorite part has been my time on the Cross Country team. Similar to all of Badger sports the people on cross became my family, and have been able to help in our community. Our team goes to the local elderly home 3/4 times during the season and it makes their days when we go, but it also makes our day as well. Overall as a school Badger has many amazing teachers, administrators, coaches, and most importantly our custodial staff. The teachers are always doing their best to help us get ready for college. Whether they are teaching something in class or if they are also a coach, teaching life skills at practice. If I could have changed one thing during my career at Badger, it would have to be trying to get athletes of different sports to hang out more. I love track for that reason because it brings all the fall sports together where you can make more or new friends.
From the cold October nights watching Varsity football games, entertaining school plays, and diverse student body, Badger High has it all. My four years at this school were met with great pleasure, wonderful students and staff, and an overall great atmosphere to learn. While there is the occasional hiccup in the daily routine, whether that be annoying people in the hallway or a staff member making your day hell, things went by fairly without disruption. Time from freshman first day to now of my final months at Badger have flew by, and looking back now I couldn't have asked for a better school to go to for my High School education.
The science classes offered at Badger are excellent, some of the labs done in class were the same labs I did in college classes. The other classes are good as well, there wasn't a single class that I wouldn't have learned anything in so long as I applied myself. Some of the homework load is unreasonable for high school students though. While some of my favorite teachers come from Badger, some of the teachers have apparent favorites and there is definitely a huge clique and bullying problem. Also, most of the administration is crabby and seems like they don't even like kids.