Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Bad Axe High School is an above average, public school located in Bad Axe, MI. It has 456 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Bad Axe High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B79 Students
- B74 Students
- A68 Students
- A+52 Students
- B-47 Students
- B+47 Students
- B-41 Students
- B38 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Bad Axe High School
- B-Ubly Community High School
- Ubly Community Schools, MI
- 51 reviews
- B-Laker High School
- Elkton-Pigeon-Bay Port Laker Schools, MI
- 34 reviews
- NGHuron Learning Center
- Huron Independent School District, MI
- PK, K-12
- B-Caseville School K-12
- Caseville Public Schools, MI
- PK, K-12
- 8 reviews
Bad Axe High School Reviews
On many occasions have found administrators to be less than interested with concerns over the years. Some teachers are great while a few could greatly improve. Disappointing end of the year for 2020 seniors. Once again administration appeared to do very little to show the graduating class any extra recognition or attention while other schools in the district sported signs, did parades and made personal visits to graduates homes. It’s too bad after attending K-12 so little has been done to recognize these student’s efforts.
Bad Axe High School is one of the most influential schools a child could be apart of. Having only a 1,000 student district, the connection of family is very present. Teachers want to see students exceed and work endlessly to make sure their students are ready for their future. Small classes allow for myself and classmates to learn at a rate which where they are comfortable.
What I liked about Bad Axe High School is that despite the disadvantages it had due to being a rural area, it still had a community which try to invest in its programs such as Band and sports, which are great programs by the way, especially for a rural area. However, the school, like most in the United States had general problems with administration and college readiness, along with cliqueness. Still, better than most schools in the area, and I love my school nominally.