Back of the Yards College Preparatory High School is an above average, public school located in Chicago, IL. It has 1,043 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 28% in reading.
Back of the Yards College Preparatory High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+241 Students
- A-193 Students
- A+137 Students
- B+128 Students
- A-127 Students
- B-116 Students
- B-112 Students
- A+90 Students
- B-84 Students
- B84 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 37 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Back of the Yards College Preparatory High School Reviews
My experience at Back of the Yards College Preparatory High School has been unforgettable in both good and stressful ways. Back of the Yards College Preparatory High School has prepared me academically and mentally for the real world. As we are located on the south side and on a low income community, we aren't offered the best resources, many may even doubt us because of where we are located but our teachers and staff members will no doubt do everything they can to make sure we get the best type of education we deserve. Back of the Yards College Preparatory High School has a family like environment and I do not regret being a part of the Bobcat family.
The teachers are wonderful as they make themselves accessible to the students. If you are looking for a school that takes pride in their students and their successes, this is your fit!
Being in the school has pushed me for the better! I fell in love with a sport I would've never joined if it wasn't for an announcement I heard in my freshman orientation. Besides falling in love with swimming I made friends that I am proud to call family. In my ups and downs, I always know they'll have my back. I do wish my school had more available programs or classes. The school is new so it's understandable. My sophomore year, I had the opportunity to take an AP history class which I was extremely proud of. I would've taken another class if there was any available.