Back of the Yards College Preparatory High School is an above average, public school located in Chicago, IL. It has 1,043 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 28% in reading.
Back of the Yards College Preparatory High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-203 Students
- A-164 Students
- A+117 Students
- B+111 Students
- B-109 Students
- A-106 Students
- B96 Students
- B-81 Students
- B-72 Students
- B70 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Back of the Yards College Preparatory High School Reviews
The teachers are wonderful as they make themselves accessible to the students. If you are looking for a school that takes pride in their students and their successes, this is your fit!
Being in the school has pushed me for the better! I fell in love with a sport I would've never joined if it wasn't for an announcement I heard in my freshman orientation. Besides falling in love with swimming I made friends that I am proud to call family. In my ups and downs, I always know they'll have my back. I do wish my school had more available programs or classes. The school is new so it's understandable. My sophomore year, I had the opportunity to take an AP history class which I was extremely proud of. I would've taken another class if there was any available.
I really like Back of the Yards College Prep High School because the principle is amazing. She is very involved and motivates parents to be in their kids lives and help them in anyway. The teachers are also amazing. They are willing to help you out after school if you need it. Most teachers if you don't understand a topic she or he will go over and over again with you until you are able to understand. The sports and clubs are also amazing. The coaches are very involved in the students lives not only through the sport but also academically. The coaches even have days where instead of practicing they have study tables, where students stay after school and study for about 2-3 hours. This school is very involved in the students interests and they motivate them to step out of their comfort zones, which is why I believe this is an amazing school.