Ayer Shirley Regional High School is an above average, public school located in Ayer, MA. It has 401 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Ayer Shirley Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A25 Students
- A+18 Students
- B+14 Students
- C+11 Students
- A+11 Students
- C+10 Students
- B+10 Students
- B10 Students
- C+9 Students
- A-9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Ayer Shirley Regional High School
- BLeominster High School
- Leominster Public Schools, MA
- 119 reviews
- BClinton Senior High School
- Clinton Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 34 reviews
- BMontachusett Regional Vocational Technical School
- Public School
- Fitchburg, MA
- 182 reviews
- BMaynard High School
- Maynard Public Schools, MA
- 70 reviews
Ayer Shirley Regional High School Reviews
Ayer Shirley Regional High School is a school with a brand new building. There is a beautiful auditorium, gym, and lunch room. All the classrooms have interactive projectors, and all the science labs are very adaptable for any class being taught in the room. The one problem is the lack of teachers. We always have great teachers, but many of them have not stayed with the school in recent years, which is very unfortunate. However, we always find great teachers to replace them. In addition we just lost the majority of our administration. I am sure the new administration will be great, but we are starting almost from scratch with the administration.
Ayer Shirley Regional High school although holds a rather accepting facade it is in every way possible just like every other school. Throughout my four years at this school, I've experienced relative support from adults with the acceptance of a few teachers. The few teachers I have truly felt supported by I have developed a great connection with and help me through anything.
When one enters the school, the rules of the real world cease to apply anymore. Students are not given consequences for their behavior, teachers do not teach and are not punished, and administration overlooks the school's flaws. First, the problems have to be acknowledged. Then, an answer has to be suggested.