Avondale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B175 Students
- A+146 Students
- A+97 Students
- B+95 Students
- B+94 Students
- C+74 Students
- B+70 Students
- B+56 Students
- B-34 Students
- B30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Avondale High School
- C-Avondale Academy
- Avondale School District, MI
- 1 review
- B+Warren Woods Tower High School
- Warren Woods Public Schools, MI
- 148 reviews
- BWaterford Mott High School
- Waterford School District, MI
- 152 reviews
- BSterling Heights Senior High School
- Warren Consolidated Schools, MI
- 154 reviews
Avondale High School Reviews
My twin daughters, who are seniors this year, have had an overall excellent history and academic experience with Avondale High School and the entire Avondale School District. They have not always had high school teachers who have given 100% via one-on-one availability and prefer to refer students to a computer site to learn, but overall, they have had very good educators, many of whom have left the school this year. Nonetheless, my daughter maintains a 3.33 GPA this year, her sister a 3.68, so it is obvious they are dedicated students. My daughter(s) have been 100% involved in planning of high school events through Leadership and have also participated 100% in events of the school. I could say my daughters have been addicted to their lifelong Avondale experience, but are looking forward to forming their careers and futures!
I think the last 4 years at Avondale High School have been pretty decent. The teachers are really nice, for the most part, and you can tell they care about their students. Also, Avondale exhibits a certain diversity, that many other schools may find difficult to show. We have a diversity assembly, that helps to introduce and educate students on the multicultural society that is ran by our administration. If there is 1 thing that I could fix about the school, it would be that the school doesn't receive good funding, which I feel inhibits the learning process our teachers try to keep alive for the students. If we had more funding, I think we could make education more entertaining, and help kids to want to come to school, rather than it feeling like a chore to do so. Because of the lack of funding, it is more difficult to help students learn to the best of their abilities, and it hinders the teacher's abilities to get us ready for college.
Mostly I feel like this school is fairly decent in its overall conditions but feels like the fun and the environment of people has been lacking that I consider transferring. Mostly I really like all my friends at Avondale but everyone else doesn't act normal in a way or too many try to be like people instead of being their self. Its nice that we still have diversity or some of my classes would act like a dead zone. TBH if there is no change with the principal of Avondale this school would turn into a disaster, and not be fun anymore