Avondale High School is an above average, public school located in Auburn Hills, MI. It has 989 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Avondale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B182 Students
- A+157 Students
- A+102 Students
- B+101 Students
- B+100 Students
- B+76 Students
- C+75 Students
- B+62 Students
- B-39 Students
- B35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Avondale High School
- C-Avondale Academy
- Avondale School District, MI
- 1 review
- B+Warren Woods Tower High School
- Warren Woods Public Schools, MI
- 155 reviews
- BWaterford Mott High School
- Waterford School District, MI
- 162 reviews
- BSterling Heights Senior High School
- Warren Consolidated Schools, MI
- 156 reviews
Avondale High School Reviews
Avondale School has distinct experiences and opportunities has been EVERYTHING FOR ME. Our student's diverse backgrounds, based on parent expectations, involvement, relationships, influences their suggestions. For example, when we are organizing a dance throughout our school's program, we need all students, regardless of whether they are African-American, Hispanic, Asian or Native American to share their ideas so we can be sure to include diverse songs. My active involvement in the National Honor Society has also given me the ability to understand the importance of championing every kid. As president of our NHS chapter, I have had the distinct honor of working with a diverse group of students and appreciate different perspectives. We are a group that represents many cultures, ethnicities, and backgrounds. We express anyone can lead. I WOULDN'T have chosen to go anywhere else, as I am graduating from the district in a few months and will never forget my amazing experiences in Avondale!
My twin daughters, who are seniors this year, have had an overall excellent history and academic experience with Avondale High School and the entire Avondale School District. They have not always had high school teachers who have given 100% via one-on-one availability and prefer to refer students to a computer site to learn, but overall, they have had very good educators, many of whom have left the school this year. Nonetheless, my daughter maintains a 3.33 GPA this year, her sister a 3.68, so it is obvious they are dedicated students. My daughter(s) have been 100% involved in planning of high school events through Leadership and have also participated 100% in events of the school. I could say my daughters have been addicted to their lifelong Avondale experience, but are looking forward to forming their careers and futures!
Avondale High School is a very diverse and family oriented environment. However, recently the administration has gone down the hill. The administration has stopped putting students first. This has only made the student body more united though. Lastly, the education provided at the school is lacking. They are not hiring teacher that are actually teaching the students.