Avondale High School is an above average, public school located in Auburn Hills, MI. It has 998 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Avondale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B190 Students
- A+167 Students
- A+110 Students
- B+108 Students
- B+107 Students
- B+80 Students
- C+76 Students
- B+68 Students
- B-42 Students
- B39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Avondale High School
- C-Avondale Academy
- Avondale School District, MI
- 1 review
- B+Warren Woods Tower High School
- Warren Woods Public Schools, MI
- 158 reviews
- BWaterford Mott High School
- Waterford School District, MI
- 166 reviews
- BSterling Heights Senior High School
- Warren Consolidated Schools, MI
- 165 reviews
Avondale High School Reviews
Avondale School has distinct experiences and opportunities has been EVERYTHING FOR ME. Our student's diverse backgrounds, based on parent expectations, involvement, relationships, influences their suggestions. For example, when we are organizing a dance throughout our school's program, we need all students, regardless of whether they are African-American, Hispanic, Asian or Native American to share their ideas so we can be sure to include diverse songs. My active involvement in the National Honor Society has also given me the ability to understand the importance of championing every kid. As president of our NHS chapter, I have had the distinct honor of working with a diverse group of students and appreciate different perspectives. We are a group that represents many cultures, ethnicities, and backgrounds. We express anyone can lead. I WOULDN'T have chosen to go anywhere else, as I am graduating from the district in a few months and will never forget my amazing experiences in Avondale!
Personally I liked going to Avondale High School, although no kid is going to really love school but I know it was probably better than most schools. We had a lot of fun assembly's and we were pretty good with student empowerment which I think is very important. However I didn't like our administration very much and we always got rid of teachers that the students cared for the most which was sad. Some teachers seemed to always want to not trust us which made us angry but overall I liked it there!
My twin daughters, who are seniors this year, have had an overall excellent history and academic experience with Avondale High School and the entire Avondale School District. They have not always had high school teachers who have given 100% via one-on-one availability and prefer to refer students to a computer site to learn, but overall, they have had very good educators, many of whom have left the school this year. Nonetheless, my daughter maintains a 3.33 GPA this year, her sister a 3.68, so it is obvious they are dedicated students. My daughter(s) have been 100% involved in planning of high school events through Leadership and have also participated 100% in events of the school. I could say my daughters have been addicted to their lifelong Avondale experience, but are looking forward to forming their careers and futures!