Avon Middle/High School is a public school located in Avon, MA. It has 320 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Avon Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+32 Students
- A24 Students
- A+19 Students
- B+15 Students
- A+14 Students
- C+14 Students
- B+11 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-11 Students
- C+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Avon Middle/High School
- BTaunton High School
- Taunton Public Schools, MA
- 271 reviews
- BHolbrook Junior/Senior High School
- Holbrook Public Schools, MA
- 23 reviews
- BRandolph High School
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- 100 reviews
- B-Blue Hills Regional Technical School - High School
- Public School
- Canton, MA
- 82 reviews
Avon Middle/High School Reviews
This school is great for anyone who wants a close and personal peer-to-teacher relationship, as the class ratio is very small and it is a small school of about 300. However, the administration needs to step it up when it comes to catering to the needs of students and actually showing care for each pupil and taking their opinions into consideration. Scheduling needs to improve as well--I applied for art classes all four years as I planned on attending art college yet was never given one, I was just thrown into random classes that needed to be filled. I've also noticed a decrease in school spirit--less "GO PANTHERS" and more sitting on phones at pep rallies. I personally wouldn't attend Avon High again if I had the chance.
People from Brockton high school needs stop hating on amhs. Schools like amhs and Holbrook middle highschool are doing better then all the schools in brockton. Stop listening to your child about them complaining to go to bhs, and send them to amhs or hmhs. It’s for the best of them.
I liked how small it was. You could really connect with your peers. What is like to see change is the level of interest teachers and administrators have in the students. While some do, others need to realize that their job is to help mold and mentor the people of the future, not simply be a supervisor or chaperone. What I also want to see change is the amount of care that goes into being great. Don't shoot for the care minimum because the top is topless. I want to e then encourage students to be their best.