Avon Lake High School Reviews

Excellent academics. Caring teachers. Amazing fine arts programs. Huge choir program with multiple levels for advancement.
Teachers are pretty laid back, I never feel like I'm being overburdened. So in that case, it is a little under-stimulating.
I would really like to see a more diverse student body. Most students are from white upper class families. The athletics are great and there are some great coaches within the high school level Track and field and cross country teams. I wish there were more opportunities for students to expose themselves to the community.
Start Your Review of Avon Lake High School
Avon Lake High school is beautiful. The school track is brand new, there is a weight room available to students, and there is also a wide variety of AP and honors courses available for students to choose from. There is also a personal trainer on campus to help students who become injured during sports practices. Classes are rigorous, and students are competitive. The food options, however, are limited, and vegetarians, vegans, and others with dietary restrictions are forced to either a) pack their own lunch or b) eat peanut butter sandwiches. The food options are also always the same each weekday (except on Wednesdays), so a packed lunch is the way to go. There is a noticeable lack of diversity in the school, and many students (especially seniors) drink.
This High School has helped me shape some of my fondest memories. I enjoyed my time here. The teachers were very helpful and engaging, and the overall college readiness was greatly emphasized. All in all,
Avon Lake High School has top of the line educators, who have been extremely clear and helpful throughout my four years. Extra help is always available and encouraged, and preparation in AP classes is more than sufficient. Plenty of electives are available for those with open periods.
Avon Lake High School is a very fun and loving environment. All the students and teachers bond and work very well together. Students always help weather its helping out other students or helping others outside of school. Sporting events and extracurricular activities bring all four grades together, although at pep rally's the grades can be divided. Overall Avon Lake high school is a fun and friendly learning environment and I wouldn't want to go to High School anywhere else.
The teachers are very involved. The current principle loves to hype school spirit, his motto is GBED-Get Better Every Day (I wanted to point out everyday is one word but decided against it). The school offers college readiness classes for freshmen sophmores juniors and seniors. The school also has a very diverse curriculm of electives like TV Production, creative writing, Digital Art, and a program with LCCC, our local community college, to prepare students who want to become teachers themselves. The school is very safe for students under Detective Herd and parking lot patrol. The highschool is currently building and improving learning centers and the library as well as more classrooms. Every class is equipped with active boards, dry erase boards, and even chalk boards. Overall Avon Lake High School is a very safe and respected school that offers its students the best education and preperation for college in a cozy city.
Avon Lake High School is a overall amazing school. The teachers here are amazing, outgoing, and dedicated to helping their students succeed and mature. There are many different clubs and activities to fit anyone's interests. The academics here are also outstanding and many students that go here are really well educated.
This high school, its teachers and staff truly prepare every student for college. They work very hard to make sure every student is successful.
As some one who is interested in the STEM field I felt like I got a lot of support. I was given many opportunities to receive college credit and ALHS really prepared me for my college experience in pursing Pre-Med.
Very upper middle class white high school. school spirit is high and football games are well attended despite our lackluster team performance.
Overall my school experience was enjoyable. The faculty and students are friendly and helpful and the teachers are willing to devote additional time to a subject if needed.
Just moved here. Not very impressed with how they try to integrate new students. Unsuccessful in getting important news to students such as modified schedules and midterms testing dates and schedules. Many teachers are kind and proficient but some are very biased, imposing a lot of their beliefs and opinions on young people who may take what their teachers say as gospel.
I liked that the size of the school was not so big that you were lost in a sea of names but not so small that you were looking at the exact same faces everyday. The school was small enough that you can find a group of friends and stick with them but you can also meet new people. I would have preferred if the school were more diverse and offered a wider variety of courses.
I feel deeply fortunate to attend Avon Lake High School. The staff is very professional and invested in the needs of each individual child, and the student body as a whole is a great support system full of peers who genuinely care about each other and strive to challenge and assist one another. Avon Lake High School exceed expectations in academics and has prepared me to score the best I can on my ACT and SATs.
The kids for the most part are pretty accepting, but some teachers are very ignorant and uncaring.
Start Your Review of Avon Lake High School
Movie Club, Orchestra, Band, Choir, NHS, the Spectrum, and Drama Club are the best clubs and activities at the high school. Everyone has such a great time.
I love my high school because of the people I get to see everyday. Being in the various clubs and activities really gives you a sense of community and belonging.
Most ALHS teachers genuinely love their and care for their students. However, there are a few teachers who are only there for the paycheck.