Avon Lake High School Reviews

Avon Lake High School is a overall amazing school. The teachers here are amazing, outgoing, and dedicated to helping their students succeed and mature. There are many different clubs and activities to fit anyone's interests. The academics here are also outstanding and many students that go here are really well educated.
This high school, its teachers and staff truly prepare every student for college. They work very hard to make sure every student is successful.
As some one who is interested in the STEM field I felt like I got a lot of support. I was given many opportunities to receive college credit and ALHS really prepared me for my college experience in pursing Pre-Med.
Start Your Review of Avon Lake High School
Very upper middle class white high school. school spirit is high and football games are well attended despite our lackluster team performance.
Overall my school experience was enjoyable. The faculty and students are friendly and helpful and the teachers are willing to devote additional time to a subject if needed.
Just moved here. Not very impressed with how they try to integrate new students. Unsuccessful in getting important news to students such as modified schedules and midterms testing dates and schedules. Many teachers are kind and proficient but some are very biased, imposing a lot of their beliefs and opinions on young people who may take what their teachers say as gospel.
I liked that the size of the school was not so big that you were lost in a sea of names but not so small that you were looking at the exact same faces everyday. The school was small enough that you can find a group of friends and stick with them but you can also meet new people. I would have preferred if the school were more diverse and offered a wider variety of courses.
I feel deeply fortunate to attend Avon Lake High School. The staff is very professional and invested in the needs of each individual child, and the student body as a whole is a great support system full of peers who genuinely care about each other and strive to challenge and assist one another. Avon Lake High School exceed expectations in academics and has prepared me to score the best I can on my ACT and SATs.
The kids for the most part are pretty accepting, but some teachers are very ignorant and uncaring.
Movie Club, Orchestra, Band, Choir, NHS, the Spectrum, and Drama Club are the best clubs and activities at the high school. Everyone has such a great time.
I love my high school because of the people I get to see everyday. Being in the various clubs and activities really gives you a sense of community and belonging.
Most ALHS teachers genuinely love their and care for their students. However, there are a few teachers who are only there for the paycheck.
Avon Lake High School has a great academic program. They give many opportunities to children. Whether it be studying abroad or studying in the classroom. I wouldn't choose this school again just because of the kids who attend the school. Avon Lake is a very rich city, therefore the students don't give off the best vibes. They are stingy and stuck up, which can surprisingly distract other students in the classroom. Other than that, I would strongly recommend Avon Lake High School.
The teachers that I have been able to have throughout my years at Avon Lake High school are excellent. They engage students into the classroom atmosphere with their hands on teaching skills and technology driven lessons. I do believe that students in this generation strive well when technology is tied into the lessons. The teachers communicate very well with the students and are always available no matter what. The grading scale is consistent and fair.
There is a decent selection of extracurricular, such as drama club, Key Club, art clubs, and music. Many people participiate in these clubs and they greatly enhance the school enviroment.
There have been some poor experiences with certain staff members and events, but over all this school is a friendly and wholesome enviroment. I have gotten a lot of good things out of attending this school.
Over all, the teachers are all very friendly and experienced. I am grateful to have had them for my high school years.
Start Your Review of Avon Lake High School
I think that my schools is very safe. Earlier this year, Avon Lake High School was tested when a social media post threatened the school with a bomb threat after school one day. Once a student reported the threatening post to their parents, the police starting investigating the threat. The whole rest of the day and all night, the police investigated. Although most kids did not show up for school the next day, I went to school because the police said that they had resolved the case. I went to school, and the threat did not occur. Although I feel the school is very safe, there is only one thing I would change to protect the students safety, which is to make sure that visitors do not come into the building during lunch periods because an attacker could easily attack someone on their way to the office.
There are so many extracurricular options at Avon Lake High School. Activities range from being in the marching band which has qualified to go to states for the past two years, to Key Club, an organization willing to serve the people of the world. Most people who join the clubs at our school are committed to being in the club for the entire year. The most popular clubs would most likely be the Marching Band and Drama Club, which each have over 80 kids in it. In my opinion, Key Club is a lot of fun because you get to help people out in your community and you get to go to lots of conventions such as the Ohio Key Club District Leadership Convention which teaches us to go out and don't be afraid to help the people of the world.
My experience so far at Avon Lake High School has been amazing. If I could do it all over again, I would not change much about what I have done this year. At Avon Lake High School, there are so many extrs curricular activities to choose from, its hard to decide how to spend my time. At Avon Lake High School, there is a different activity for everyone to do. For many of the kids at my school, they choose to do a sport, which gives them something to look forward to when they go to school. I choose to do clubs at my school such as Key Club. My favorite experiences so far at the Avon Lake High School has been with the Key Club. In March of 2016, the Key Club went down to Columbus for a whole weekend to the Ohio Key Club District Leadership Convention. I made some of the best memories at the District Leadership Convention, and some of my best friends. Another one of my favorite experiences at Avon Lake High School would have to be in my Spanish class. Spanish is for sure not my best subject. However, my teacher makes Spanish much easier to learn, and makes learning fun for all the students. It does not matter your skill level in her classroom, it just matters if you are willing to learn. I have made some of the best memories in her classroom. I have so many other favorite memories at Avon Lake, such as on my sporting teams, such as Cross Country and Basketball, but there are too many to describe in my small paragraph. To conclude, if I had the chance, I would love to relive my experiences at Avon Lake High School.