Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Avon High School is a highly rated, public school located in Avon, OH. It has 1,364 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Avon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+260 Students
- A-172 Students
- B143 Students
- A-135 Students
- A-133 Students
- B120 Students
- B-111 Students
- A+70 Students
- C59 Students
- B-58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Avon High School
- AOlmsted Falls High School
- Olmsted Falls City School District, OH
- 184 reviews
- AAvon Lake High School
- Avon Lake City School District, OH
- 221 reviews
- A+Bay High School
- Bay Village City School District, OH
- 98 reviews
- AWestlake High School
- Westlake City School District, OH
- 188 reviews
Avon High School Reviews
My experience with Avon High School can be described as a love/hate relationship. For most teenagers, the social impact of high school can be a challenging encounter, for I experienced hardships with my peers as well. However, Avon High School provides an above average education system. The majority of teachers are interested in helping their students in the most efficient way possible, education wise as well as personal life. There are a great range of classes from the core AP classes as well as cooking classes. The variety of included classes aids the students of Avon High School in figuring out their major interest. The aforementioned attributes of Avon High School are the aspects that made my high school experience well worthwhile.
Loved it so far! The teachers are top-notch, the administration is very involved, and there is great class variation/selection.
It has great education and ways to learn. Most of the teachers are good people that try to help you learn. Some of the teachers are so great that they take time to try and connect with you on a more personal level. In my opinion when a teacher cares more about the student it helps with the students education. The school also helps provide many different tool to help further your education process. The student body is alright as a whole. Most students are decent and polite but not many go out of their way to be super friendly to others. There are rarely any fights in the school which is good but just like any other high school there is plenty of drama that happens. The Avon School system is decent, although we rarely have any snow days or not many days off. The weather has to be like terrible for Avon school district to call off. All of the sports teams are pretty good and successful. They each highly funded though the arts are not. There is little arts. Overall a good school district.