Avon High School is a highly rated, public school located in Avon, OH. It has 1,221 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Avon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+197 Students
- A-126 Students
- B122 Students
- A-105 Students
- B100 Students
- A95 Students
- B88 Students
- B-48 Students
- A+45 Students
- B-43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Avon High School
- AOlmsted Falls High School
- Olmsted Falls City School District, OH
- 162 reviews
- AAvon Lake High School
- Avon Lake City School District, OH
- 206 reviews
- ABay High School
- Bay Village City School District, OH
- 92 reviews
- AWestlake High School
- Westlake City School District, OH
- 178 reviews
Avon High School Reviews
Continues to excel in academics, improves yearly in state ranking for top schools in the state. School strives to be financially prudent and yet provide the best class education for the city of Avon. Security is paramount to ensure student's safety. The Avon school district does a tremendous job in educating parents on drugs, alcohol and tobacco use, how to combat them, how to have a conversation with students, seminars on how to go about identifying problem, epidemic and trends.
I wish to pursue speech language and audiology to give back to my community. Avon Local School District has shaped me into who I am and tremendously helped me in my 12 years of education. With College Credit Plus programs, shadowing opportunities, and support through the college finding process, I am confident that they have prepared me for this next step. I have shadowed a school speech pathologist at the Avon Early Learning Center, and at our local elementary school. I got one on one time with each speech pathologist to talk about the aspects of the field, and also had hands on experience in the classroom. Being a speech pathologist in the community I grew up in has always been a goal of mine. This district has given me so much opportunity and inspiration and I wish to do the same for the youth of my community one day.
I love going to Avon high school. My academic experience and extracurricular activities have made my high school years challenging and fun. The teachers are very helpful. They offer a wide variety of extracurricular activities. I was a member of the swim team for four years and really felt like part of a family. If I could change one thing about school, it would be to have a pool location. The 5:30 AM swim practices at the YMCA were difficult. I loved being in Avon Eagle!