Avon High School Reviews

Avon High School is one of the best public high schools in the state of Indiana; it's no wonder Money Magazine ranked Avon, IN as the 17th best place to live in the United States due to our great academics, sports, and music programs (our marching band has won numerous national titles), but also because of our low property taxes and high business development. Avon High School and all its programs taught me how to be successful not only for college, but also in my professional career. If I had the option to switch schools, I would still pick Avon High School over anything else.
I love Avon High School! There are so many really good teachers who truly care about your education! Naturally, there are a few issues here and there, for instance, enforcing school rules could maybe be done better, but that’s a very minor issue, and hugely outweighed by the high quality education I receive there.
There were a whole lot of programs that, for some schools, would not have offered. I took advantages of some of those programs.
Start Your Review of Avon High School
I think that this school is very nice for how big it is. Their sports programs are very good and they play at a high level. The teachers were okay for the classes I took too.
Avon high school is over all a very nice school. Most of the teachers are nice and I like the class schedule that we have here. Some things I would like to see change though would be: 1) the pace of classes - for me they are always to fast, 2) try to make the school a less stressful environment, and 3) give students more time to get through the halls - the school is huge and a lot of times there is people standing in the hallways so it become extremely hard to navigate through the halls and make it to class on time.
I graduated from Avon High School in 2017 and I am proud to be alumni. At AHS they prepared me so well for college. I was able to take honors and AP classes that helped me get ready for my college experience. My first semester of college I made the deans list, and I don't think I could have done that without Avon. This school has so much pride, and they are four years of my life that I will never forget!
It wasn't my favorite thing to do during the day since most people, even some teachers criticized you based on your knowledge of their class.
I liked the opportunities available because of the large size of the school, and the teachers were very nice and truly cared about their students as people. However, I did take issue with some administrators and especially with the huge push for college classes. I took AP classes while I was there and got a lot of college credit, but I felt like eventually I was seen as more of a number than a person. They push students to take AP classes - so much so that eventually I found myself learning that my GPA was more important than my mental and emotional health. I believe those things are equally as important as academics, and I wish we could rate schools based on the mental and emotional health of their students. Other than that, I really enjoyed my time there and I think Avon is a school with great potential.
Education is a priority at Avon and the administrators try and make community a big focus. Although this is their focus, there are still some things that could be worked on. Such as making everyone feel welcome and not secluded in little groups but all pushed together.
Avon high school is a good school, I have been enrolled all 4 years and I can say I have made alot of good memories.
Would like to see changed the ability to take a more variety of classes. Meaning if taking medical classes would like to be able my senior year to take some business classes.
I had a great high school experience. I think it did well in preparing me for college especially this year. I've always enjoyed my classes because my teachers were excellent, allowing me to better know the material. I have lots of fun there it's a really good school I would say.
Hit or miss teachers. Pretty easy to add or drop classes with enough persistence. I personally had a great experience with my councilor. Lots of clubs. Sports are pretty okay, but lots of options. I’ve had four principles in four years. Not so great... However, overall a very nice school.
the teachers are very engaging, and they keep up with our grades and make sure we don't slack off. Most o the students are very nice and they make good friends.
There's lots of extra curricular activities available and there's many class options. The arts are also very successful, especially the band program. Avon has two showchoirs that are also very well trained and hard working.
Avon High School has had a reputation of being "just another school." After 3 years of attending and currently enrolled as a senior, I do not believe that is true. At Avon, "there is unity in diversity." The students and staff are inviting and beneficial. I am proud to say that in a matter of months, I will have graduated from one of the best high schools on a national level. The academics are rigorous, but the teachers will coach you over each obstacle and answer every question.
To improve Avon High School, we need to find teachers that actually like their jobs and care about their students. We need better food and portions that will fit every type of body type. We need larger parking lots and longer passing periods to get to class.
Start Your Review of Avon High School
The teachers at Avon High School are all passionate about teaching their students; they take a genuine interest in how we're doing with our work and personal lives. I would say it's one of the best high schools in the state.
Everything was great except for the lunch food. There are vending machines with okay drinks in them.
Avon is a place that allows for high achieving students to excel and also provides excellent staffing for all abilities. It has world class and nationally ranked programs in fine arts and sports, and in general develops an atmosphere of self-reliance and accountability.