Avon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A425 Students
- B+310 Students
- A+304 Students
- B-193 Students
- A150 Students
- B135 Students
- B92 Students
- C+70 Students
- B58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.50 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.50 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.56 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.87 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.97 responses
Schools like Avon High School
- A-Plainfield High School
- Plainfield Community School Corporation, IN
- 276 reviews
- ABrownsburg High School
- Brownsburg Community School Corporation, IN
- 527 reviews
- A-Center Grove High School
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, IN
- 383 reviews
- BGreenwood Community High School
- Greenwood Community School Corporation, IN
- 177 reviews
Avon High School Reviews
In my 4 years being at Avon High School, I can confidently say that I am proud to be an oriole. I have enjoyed being apart of the choral department all throughout my high school career and taking classes that not only interest me, but prepare me for college. Most all of my teachers have been so generous to my classmates and I and I have never not felt safe. A lot of students who are involved in clubs or choir like myself often joke that AHS is our "home away from home" due to the amount of time we spend here and the relationships we have all created with each other upon being here. There are so many different types of students to get to know and there is a club here for just about anyone, and our administration do their best to ensure every student is getting the help and guidance they need. No school is a perfect school, but Avon High School has given me more than I could ask for.
My experience at Avon High School was amazing. There are a lot of different classes and programs one can take to help improve their education towards what one would want to do in the future. There are a variety of honors and AP classes for people who want a challenge. Even athletic and sports classes for physical conditioning for people who are in school sports. Also a wide variety of clubs and extra curricular activities such as robotics, art, music, language, gaming, sports, and many more. Also including many sports such as football, baseball, lacrosse, swimming, basketball, etc. There are also separate lunches and libraries for underclassman and seniors. One thing I wish they would return are the lunch vendors like chick-fil-a and other restaurants to choose from to give students a choice of what they would like to eat.
Avon High School has had a reputation of being "just another school." After 3 years of attending and currently enrolled as a senior, I do not believe that is true. At Avon, "there is unity in diversity." The students and staff are inviting and beneficial. I am proud to say that in a matter of months, I will have graduated from one of the best high schools on a national level. The academics are rigorous, but the teachers will coach you over each obstacle and answer every question.