Avon High School is a highly rated, public school located in Avon, IN. It has 2,864 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Avon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A463 Students
- A+342 Students
- B+337 Students
- B-209 Students
- A175 Students
- B152 Students
- B100 Students
- C+75 Students
- B65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.55 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.55 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.92 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.102 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.102 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.102 responses
Schools like Avon High School
- A-Plainfield High School
- Plainfield Community School Corporation, IN
- 289 reviews
- ABrownsburg High School
- Brownsburg Community School Corporation, IN
- 543 reviews
- A-Center Grove High School
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, IN
- 394 reviews
- BGreenwood Community High School
- Greenwood Community School Corporation, IN
- 180 reviews
Avon High School Reviews
I love Avon High School! There are so many really good teachers who truly care about your education! Naturally, there are a few issues here and there, for instance, enforcing school rules could maybe be done better, but that’s a very minor issue, and hugely outweighed by the high quality education I receive there.
I enjoyed the opportunities for education at Avon High School. There were multiple Advanced Placement classes and ways to succeed, such as excellent teachers and extra opportunities to study and learn more. However, I feel like the resources to connect personally at the school were extremely lacking. The counselors as a whole did the bare minimum for their students due to being overloaded with students. As someone who has struggled with mental health and knows friends in the same situation, I felt that there was nowhere for me to go to talk about my issues or have reliable help. There was a student this past year who took their own life, and the school did not talk about it nor did I feel that they reached out to the student, despite them being new at the school. So, overall, I feel like my time and education was efficient at the school, but the counseling and personal resources could be improved greatly.
I liked the opportunities available because of the large size of the school, and the teachers were very nice and truly cared about their students as people. However, I did take issue with some administrators and especially with the huge push for college classes. I took AP classes while I was there and got a lot of college credit, but I felt like eventually I was seen as more of a number than a person. They push students to take AP classes - so much so that eventually I found myself learning that my GPA was more important than my mental and emotional health. I believe those things are equally as important as academics, and I wish we could rate schools based on the mental and emotional health of their students. Other than that, I really enjoyed my time there and I think Avon is a school with great potential.