Avon High School is a highly rated, public school located in Avon, IN. It has 2,766 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Avon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A440 Students
- B+326 Students
- A+319 Students
- B-202 Students
- A159 Students
- B144 Students
- B96 Students
- C+75 Students
- B61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.90 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.100 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.100 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.100 responses
Schools like Avon High School
- A-Plainfield High School
- Plainfield Community School Corporation, IN
- 280 reviews
- ABrownsburg High School
- Brownsburg Community School Corporation, IN
- 533 reviews
- A-Center Grove High School
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, IN
- 387 reviews
- BGreenwood Community High School
- Greenwood Community School Corporation, IN
- 179 reviews
Avon High School Reviews
I love Avon High School! There are so many really good teachers who truly care about your education! Naturally, there are a few issues here and there, for instance, enforcing school rules could maybe be done better, but that’s a very minor issue, and hugely outweighed by the high quality education I receive there.
I liked the opportunities available because of the large size of the school, and the teachers were very nice and truly cared about their students as people. However, I did take issue with some administrators and especially with the huge push for college classes. I took AP classes while I was there and got a lot of college credit, but I felt like eventually I was seen as more of a number than a person. They push students to take AP classes - so much so that eventually I found myself learning that my GPA was more important than my mental and emotional health. I believe those things are equally as important as academics, and I wish we could rate schools based on the mental and emotional health of their students. Other than that, I really enjoyed my time there and I think Avon is a school with great potential.
Avon High School is one of the best public high schools in the state of Indiana; it's no wonder Money Magazine ranked Avon, IN as the 17th best place to live in the United States due to our great academics, sports, and music programs (our marching band has won numerous national titles), but also because of our low property taxes and high business development. Avon High School and all its programs taught me how to be successful not only for college, but also in my professional career. If I had the option to switch schools, I would still pick Avon High School over anything else.