Avon High School is a highly rated, public school located in Avon, IN. It has 2,864 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Avon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A544 Students
- A+406 Students
- B+399 Students
- B-247 Students
- A-208 Students
- B177 Students
- B115 Students
- C+80 Students
- A-78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.57 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.57 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.94 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.104 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.104 responses
Schools like Avon High School
- A-Plainfield High School
- Plainfield Community School Corporation, IN
- 301 reviews
- ABrownsburg High School
- Brownsburg Community School Corporation, IN
- 557 reviews
- A-Center Grove High School
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, IN
- 402 reviews
- B-Greenwood Community High School
- Greenwood Community School Corporation, IN
- 183 reviews
Avon High School Reviews
My experience at Avon High School was excellent; my teachers were kind and understanding, and other students were very accepting of one another. The issue is that this positivity is not uniform throughout the school. Since I was in high ability, I saw the same 100 students time and time again. At graduation, I met people I never knew went to Avon, but talking with non-high-ability students allowed me to gain insight into what the school was like for the average student. Teachers for non-high-ability students were less adept at teaching than their high ability counterparts. Less time was taken to attend to the intellectual needs of non-high-ability students, if any at all. I feel that the quality of education of these students, therefore, was lacking and unfair. If Avon took care of its average population more rather than focusing solely on the smartest students, I feel that not only will these students be more prepared for college and their future, but will be happier overall.
I enjoy high school. I think high school for most people is hit or miss. The only problem I could ever state about Avon high is that there were several teachers that weren't necessarily great teachers. Not that they were bad or ruthless people, all of my teachers we nice but throughout my entire experience there were 1 or 2 teachers that did really seem like they knew what they were doing or didn't enforce discipline. On the contrary though I found all the teachers, including the clueless seeming ones, very supportive and genuinely eager for us to succeed. There was never a teacher I had that didn't care about my success in their class. That school in general is full of personality that I really appreciate. You will find at least one person you get a long with no matter how much of an "outsider" or antisocial you are.
I love Avon High School! There are so many really good teachers who truly care about your education! Naturally, there are a few issues here and there, for instance, enforcing school rules could maybe be done better, but that’s a very minor issue, and hugely outweighed by the high quality education I receive there.