Avon High School is a highly rated, public school located in Avon, IN. It has 2,987 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Avon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A734 Students
- A+552 Students
- B+535 Students
- B-333 Students
- A-289 Students
- B250 Students
- B152 Students
- A-117 Students
- B117 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.69 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.69 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.106 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.106 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.106 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.116 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.116 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.116 responses
Schools like Avon High School
- APlainfield High School
- Plainfield Community School Corporation, IN
- 326 reviews
- ABrownsburg High School
- Brownsburg Community School Corporation, IN
- 598 reviews
- ACenter Grove High School
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, IN
- 443 reviews
- B+Greenwood Community High School
- Greenwood Community School Corporation, IN
- 190 reviews
Avon High School Reviews
Avon High School is probably one of the best schools in Hendricks County. The teachers are really helpful and care about your academic career. Often some teacher would stay after school to help students with understanding a topic. One thing I would change is hallway monitoring because there are students that just stand in the middle of the hallway and sometime get in the way going to class or maybe even reducing the number of students could help. Students love getting involved with school fund raisers too! The high raised money for children's hospital. I just love how the students and teachers are involved and care about each other.
I participated in numerous activities at Avon High School, from Band to National Honor Society. I enjoyed the wide variety of academic courses, especially AP, and the skill of the teaching staff there in. The fine arts programs are top notch and college readiness classes are exceedingly effective. One primary issue however, is the culture of the student body. There is no sense of "school spirit" outside of the fabricated feelings that administration attempts to instill in the students. This isn't detrimental to learning or safety, but it definitely negatively impacts the connectedness that students feel towards the school and each other. This may just be a "big school" sort of issue, but it is certainly evident at Avon High School. All in all, Avon's academic and extracurricular programs enhance one's learning and facilitate great memories for those who participate in extracurricular activities.
Avon High School is an excellent school with a wide range of extracurricular programs and academic pursuits. The faculty is absolutely stellar. Various teachers have won state wide awards for their success within the classroom and the scoring that they can facilitate in students is widely known. Personally, I have taken various AP courses at Avon High school and have received wonderful support and direction from my teachers. However, I am not positive that such wonderful instruction is present in less advanced courses at the High school. This is my only doubt about Avon High School, that their less advanced students are not as highly prioritized as their more advanced students. Nevertheless, Avon High School attempts to promote a sense of unity between all students and the administration. It is this unity that makes many students feel safe and supported at Avon, and that feeling is essential to the success of a high school.