Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Avon High School is a highly rated, public school located in Avon, IN. It has 3,116 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Avon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B992 Students
- grade A848 Students
- grade A+632 Students
- grade B607 Students
- grade C+366 Students
- grade A minus339 Students
- grade B308 Students
- grade B172 Students
- grade B135 Students
- grade A minus133 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 75 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 75 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 288 responses
- Football games16%
- Homecoming Week13%
- Day of Caring11%
- Scene Night8%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 81 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 81 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 81 responses
Average Teacher Salary
No data available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 112 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 112 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 112 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,898 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 122 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 122 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 122 responses
Schools like Avon High School
- grade APlainfield High School
- Plainfield Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 4.04 out of 5 350 reviews
- grade ABrownsburg High School
- Brownsburg Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.87 out of 5 638 reviews
- grade ACenter Grove High School
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 478 reviews
- grade BGreenwood Community High School
- Greenwood Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 197 reviews
Avon High School Reviews
Rating 3.94 out of 5 730 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
AHS is overall an excellent school. There are over 50 active clubs/ sports. Regardless of your interests, there is a club for you (and it’s easy to start one!). The staff members are great- you can build amazing relationships with teachers in any department. The guidance counselors are flexible and ready to work with students, the administrators really care about your well-being, and even the janitors are ready to strike up a conversation and hear about what you’re doing. Our sports teams are good and football games are a highlight. We have classic school dances and an extraordinary prom. Avon is a great place to grow up and go to school in!
I have always had amazing experiences at Avon ever since I was little. The teachers and staff are all so amazing and welcoming. I also love the student body and how I am still going to school with people that I went to elementary school with. I think it is amazing seeing people grow alongside of you and it has truly been amazing getting to spend each school year with the same people. The main thing I love so much about Avon though, are all the sporting events. It creates such a sense of community and I get chills thinking about everyone coming together to cheer on our school. Most of the teaching staff even comes out to the games. Going to Avon High School has been such a privilege and I am so thankful I have gotten to spend the past almost 4 years there. Avon makes school fun for me and I will always be an Oriole!
The amount of disregards to mental health, discrimination, workloads, and fights that have occurred in this building caused me to rate my experience at two stars. The school clearly does not care about their students. Mental health is ignored except when they are required to talk about it (once a year) and discrimination plagues the school to the point where if you are not a cisgendered male, you are not safe from hate. The workload before Covid was already difficult to handy, but after? I was barely hanging on where some of my friends completely gave up due to the stress and pressure. Lastly, the amount of disagreements that result in fights here is disgusting. Avon High School can barely go two weeks without a fight occurring. The reason that Avon High School gets the second star is because there are a few teachers that are passionate about their jobs and truly care about their students.