Avon High School Reviews

Avon High School is filled with very knowledgeable and helpful teachers. I’d say that the staff is definitely the strongest aspect of this school district, and I’m definitely going to remember them for a very long time. However, there have been points where I’ve felt as though the school system is a bit disorganized, which often makes students feel less confident and confused. The students of the school are extremely hard working, but possibly too competitive.
The teachers were incredibly kind and helpful. However, the atmosphere is too stressful, with grades emphasized above mental health.
Lots of kids participate in the sports program. Academics are solid and offered at various levels (College prep, honors, AP). Travel opportunities and internships are available.
Start Your Review of Avon High School
Wide variety of course offerings, good teachers and motivated classmates. everyone seems to want to do their best.
AHS has very good academic with great facilities, and activities available. We are exposed to very up to date technology as well as very good teachers. Administration strives to obtain good school spirit and atmosphere.
Going to Avon High School is a good experience. The majority of the teachers are very helpful and want to see you succeed.
The academic experience is very good. The sports are very good and many of Avon's teams' are in state title contention every year. The diversity, however, is dissapointing. The teachers are very informative and good at teaching. The school is located in an affluent area.
I loved the small classroom environment at Avon High School. AHS is very rigorous and provides many opportunities for success.
Avon High School is not very diverse but is very accepting of people from all walks of life. When it comes to teachers, there are many that strive to help their students as much as possible, but there are a few that do not take into consideration of student's well-being. Our school spirit is definitely lacking due to the fact that our sports games are not attending by a majority of the student body.
Avon prepares you for college and gives you a great education. Overall it is a very good school although it lacks diversity and it's facilities are old.
I loved the fact the teachers really want students to succeed in every way. My teachers taught me everything I needed to know for college. I would like to see a more diverse and supportive Avon High School.
I have greatly enjoyed the majority of my teachers at Avon High School. They are passionate and well-informed, and very good at instruction. The sports offered are fun as well; they are a great chance to get to know one's peers.
Very competitive environment, lack of school spirit, small community lacking diversity, outdated/few athletic facilities, excellent teachers
My fours years at AHS will be unforgettable. My teachers over the years have shaped me into the person I am.
I liked Avon High School because it felt like more of a community. The school is very small and I have been going to school with these people since preschool. Everybody knows everybody which can be a positive and a negative. If I could change one thing about AHS, I would change our school spirit. AHS lacks school spirit. We aren't even allowed to have a Homecoming dance. Many people will skip pep rally and not dress up for things like spirit week. I have found that many of my classmates are planning on attending a larger university to experience school spirit.
The problem with Avon High School is that you get an excellent (really, stupendous) education but in banal surroundings and in the context of a worldview that your path in life is to get in to college. Now I took 4 AP courses but I also took the formerly lowest level courses in the sciences and many electives [A school strength; a very wide diversity of courses taught by interesting and dedicated teachers that has only expanded since I graduated]. My AP classes were incredible thanks to my instructors and the discussion-based class set-up and are an excellent outlet for any student hyper-interested in a certain subject. Now I see all of this, in the broad light of day 3 years later, as an amazing stepping stone for college (at least compared to many of my college peers) but at the time it didn't feel like it since Avon has so little superficial charm other than the landscape, making our uppity, but not pretentious, attitude difficult to justify.
Avon High School has an intense rigor to its academics and course load. The many electives offered helps to engage students while exposing them to future vocations in fields such as business, engineering, and law. College preparedness is essential to the curriculum offered at Avon High and the college guidance offered is very thorough.
Start Your Review of Avon High School
Good academics, some teachers are very annoying though and don't teach well. Overall adequate environment.
Overall, Avon High School is not a bad place. There are it's ups and downs for sure. However, if there was on thing I would really want to change is the positive and friendly environment. Overall everyone is nice, but there could be lessons on how to be a better and nicer person for sure.
I've gone to Avon schools all my life and have many fond memories; probably more from my younger years though. In high school, some classes give way too much homework that doesn't directly help to learn a unit and only succeed in taking you away from other aspects of life. I have spent many late nights doing homework. While there are a number of solid, informed, and well rounded teachers who care about the student as a whole rather than solely how he/she looks as a teacher, there are definitely some teachers who just don't prepare you well. There is way too much pressure on academics and looking good for college, but not enough encouragement to try a wide variety of other options; the student has to take the initiative to branch out and try things that aren't straight from a textbook. I've never felt threatened at school and the environment in overall quite friendly. While it's easy to complain about things that bothered me, I am grateful for the education I have received.