Avon High School Reviews

I loved the small classroom environment at Avon High School. AHS is very rigorous and provides many opportunities for success.
Avon High School is not very diverse but is very accepting of people from all walks of life. When it comes to teachers, there are many that strive to help their students as much as possible, but there are a few that do not take into consideration of student's well-being. Our school spirit is definitely lacking due to the fact that our sports games are not attending by a majority of the student body.
Avon prepares you for college and gives you a great education. Overall it is a very good school although it lacks diversity and it's facilities are old.
Start Your Review of Avon High School
I loved the fact the teachers really want students to succeed in every way. My teachers taught me everything I needed to know for college. I would like to see a more diverse and supportive Avon High School.
I have greatly enjoyed the majority of my teachers at Avon High School. They are passionate and well-informed, and very good at instruction. The sports offered are fun as well; they are a great chance to get to know one's peers.
Very competitive environment, lack of school spirit, small community lacking diversity, outdated/few athletic facilities, excellent teachers
My fours years at AHS will be unforgettable. My teachers over the years have shaped me into the person I am.
I liked Avon High School because it felt like more of a community. The school is very small and I have been going to school with these people since preschool. Everybody knows everybody which can be a positive and a negative. If I could change one thing about AHS, I would change our school spirit. AHS lacks school spirit. We aren't even allowed to have a Homecoming dance. Many people will skip pep rally and not dress up for things like spirit week. I have found that many of my classmates are planning on attending a larger university to experience school spirit.
The problem with Avon High School is that you get an excellent (really, stupendous) education but in banal surroundings and in the context of a worldview that your path in life is to get in to college. Now I took 4 AP courses but I also took the formerly lowest level courses in the sciences and many electives [A school strength; a very wide diversity of courses taught by interesting and dedicated teachers that has only expanded since I graduated]. My AP classes were incredible thanks to my instructors and the discussion-based class set-up and are an excellent outlet for any student hyper-interested in a certain subject. Now I see all of this, in the broad light of day 3 years later, as an amazing stepping stone for college (at least compared to many of my college peers) but at the time it didn't feel like it since Avon has so little superficial charm other than the landscape, making our uppity, but not pretentious, attitude difficult to justify.
Avon High School has an intense rigor to its academics and course load. The many electives offered helps to engage students while exposing them to future vocations in fields such as business, engineering, and law. College preparedness is essential to the curriculum offered at Avon High and the college guidance offered is very thorough.
Good academics, some teachers are very annoying though and don't teach well. Overall adequate environment.
Overall, Avon High School is not a bad place. There are it's ups and downs for sure. However, if there was on thing I would really want to change is the positive and friendly environment. Overall everyone is nice, but there could be lessons on how to be a better and nicer person for sure.
I've gone to Avon schools all my life and have many fond memories; probably more from my younger years though. In high school, some classes give way too much homework that doesn't directly help to learn a unit and only succeed in taking you away from other aspects of life. I have spent many late nights doing homework. While there are a number of solid, informed, and well rounded teachers who care about the student as a whole rather than solely how he/she looks as a teacher, there are definitely some teachers who just don't prepare you well. There is way too much pressure on academics and looking good for college, but not enough encouragement to try a wide variety of other options; the student has to take the initiative to branch out and try things that aren't straight from a textbook. I've never felt threatened at school and the environment in overall quite friendly. While it's easy to complain about things that bothered me, I am grateful for the education I have received.
The courses are challenging and geared towards real world experiences. The teachers care about the students and helping them achieve their goals.
Avon High School educational is great. Socially it has a lot of cliques. Teachers are wondeful. Food is okay, snack room has some good stuff when the food isn't good.
Students at Avon High School are definitely ready for college. You will not be coddled but the school will pretend they care about you to make themselves look good. Most students are preppy, white, athletes who think they are the best and are very closed-minded. There is a huge gap between CP and honors classes. AP classes are very challenging, and most of the school takes at least one AP class. Teachers generally do not teach very well but expect you to pick up the information on your own. If you challenge yourself with courses, expect to be very tired and have a heavy work load. The school does not trust the students and tries to implement very strict, frivolous rules all the time. There is minimal school spirit and hardly any school events.
AHS has been rated, repeatedly, as one of the top high schools in the state. Student average standardized test scores are excellent. Facilities are first rate due to recent renovations and additions. Academics are competitive as most students come from "type A" personality families. Course offerings could be broadened and athletics should go away from the "pay to play" model, but overall a very good school in a very good school system.
Start Your Review of Avon High School
Gone here since kindergarten, great school district. Lots of great sports and teachers have always helped me out. Challenging classes and lots of opportunities.
Overall, I've enjoyed my time at Avon High School. They do a good job of preparing you for AP exams and a lot of the teachers are really good. I've heard from many former students that they were very well prepared for college.
Avon has a very competitive academic program and students are very driven to succeed. However, there is virtually no school spirit and very little diversity. It is easy to tell which teachers are invested in their students and which are not, however the overwhelming majority are very invested in the success of their students.