Avon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-127 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+45 Students
- B-41 Students
- B36 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+33 Students
- A32 Students
- A+29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Avon High School Reviews
Review Avon High School
I've gone to Avon schools all my life and have many fond memories; probably more from my younger years though. In high school, some classes give way too much homework that doesn't directly help to learn a unit and only succeed in taking you away from other aspects of life. I have spent many late nights doing homework. While there are a number of solid, informed, and well rounded teachers who care about the student as a whole rather than solely how he/she looks as a teacher, there are definitely some teachers who just don't prepare you well. There is way too much pressure on academics and looking good for college, but not enough encouragement to try a wide variety of other options; the student has to take the initiative to branch out and try things that aren't straight from a textbook. I've never felt threatened at school and the environment in overall quite friendly. While it's easy to complain about things that bothered me, I am grateful for the education I have received.
Students at Avon High School are definitely ready for college. You will not be coddled but the school will pretend they care about you to make themselves look good. Most students are preppy, white, athletes who think they are the best and are very closed-minded. There is a huge gap between CP and honors classes. AP classes are very challenging, and most of the school takes at least one AP class. Teachers generally do not teach very well but expect you to pick up the information on your own. If you challenge yourself with courses, expect to be very tired and have a heavy work load. The school does not trust the students and tries to implement very strict, frivolous rules all the time. There is minimal school spirit and hardly any school events.
There are organizations ranging from Habitat for Humanity, to UberBots, to car club, to pep club, to student government, to LEO, it goes on and on. Most clubs have their core members and their fringe members, but it's easy to start your own club by talking to the administration or to find a club to really immerse yourself in. Our UberBots club is nationally renound and we have a wide variety of community service clubs (NHS, LEO, Student Gov, etc.) A popular club is Falconatics, which attends/tailgates/coordinates for every athletic game they can and makes them a lot more exciting with chants, cheers, and a lively/rowdy student section. The administration is generally very supportive of all this behavior.