Avon Grove Charter School Reviews

Avon Grove Charter School is an excellent school. I love the atmosphere. It isn't a big school, so you get to know a lot of students and teachers. The microfarm is one of my favorite things about the school. The teachers are great. I have always felt that if I need additional help, they will do whatever it takes to help me and all students. We have clubs and sports to get involved in. I help to start a bass fishing club. The school was very supportive. Our administration loves to hear about student ideas. The education I am receiving from Avon Grove Charter School is fantastic.
We have four kids who have attended AGCS. We especially appreciate their CAAP program for advanced students.
This is a great school with really good teachers. The academics are very good. My son is in second grade and has really progressed while at Avon Grove Charter School.
Start Your Review of Avon Grove Charter School
I absolutely love this school!!! My son stared in the middle of the year because we moved and I didn’t want him going to the school in our disterict. Everyone is extremely friendly and the holiday show they put on is so much fun compared to any other school show I’ve been too. Hands down best school in the area in my mind. My step daughter goes to a different school because her mom lives in the disterict that the school is rated like in the top 3rd in pa and Avon Grove Charter is by far way more fun and friendly than that school!! My son has excelled more accidemicly than he did all of last year . I think is because he has fun at school and he is now enjoying learning.
Do NOT. PUT YOUR STUDENT IN THIS SCHOOL! The administration does nothing about bullying but the teachers want to help. Mr. Maitland the principal is unfair to high schools and favors certain students and leaves the rest out to dry. I had my 3,000 computer smashed and was cyberbulllied they did not make the student pay for the computer and they only gave the girl who did it 2 days claiming they have no camera’s in the classrooms. On top of all this they are accusing me of stealing some popular kids headphones as they have cameras for them apparently. They only help the popular kids that have been there and they use the smart harmless kids just for test scores. As a 9th grade student there do not put your kids there this is worse that your district or a private school. The teachers want to help but cannot as the administration Mr.Delphin and Mr.Maitland will fire them.
The teachers and support staff are extremely helpful and dedicated to the success of AGCS students. Our experience with AGCS has been excellent.
I am so happy at Avon Grove Charter School. It is preparing me with a great education and has provided me with many experiences that have shaped the career path I would like to pursue.
I love AGCS because they have a farm! What kid wouldn't want to go to a school where there were chickens and goats and sheep, like that is pretty cool.
Our family loves AGCS! We have a special needs child and the AGCS staff and community have always been extremely supportive. They have done whatever they could to meet our son's needs and maximize his learning experience. As a parent, what more can you ask for? Thanks, AGCS!!!
All three of my children have attended AGCS since kindergarten and are now entering 7th, 8th, and 9th grades. Above all, my reason for the 5 star ranking is that each of my three children is extremely HAPPY at school. Though their individual needs are extremely different from one another - academically and socially as well as extracurricular interests- and this "small school" with more "limited programming" has easily met their needs. The teachers care deeply and have done everything within their power to help my children succeed, every step of the way. Administrators are approachable and open to feedback and problem solving. All staff are working to expand already amazing programming in the arts, science, language arts, history, math, and foreign language departments. Personal highlights for my children are the dance program (how often is that an option for a MS student?!)and the Chinese language program (one of few local schools to offer Chinese through AP). Highly recommend!
We picked AGCS because it had all day Kindergarten when our local public school did not. Now I don't see us ever leaving AGCS. Our experience here has been amazing. The staff is so caring and willing to help children learn and have fun learning. Just amazing.
We enjoy Avon Grove Charter. Our child has learned and grown so much as a child. We look forward to having him continue to strive and grow with Charter. The teachers have been exceptional throughout our time with the school. They go above and beyond to ensure that each student is thriving inside there classroom. A special thanks to Mrs. Pepe and Mrs. Galati for making children want to come and learn something new and exciting daily. We cannot wait to come back next year to experience more of wonderful Charter.
Great school spirit and sense of community! STEM initiative and the arts are a big focus at AGCS. Our kids have really enjoyed the smaller school population, as well.
Our daughter has been with AGCS for 3 years now. Each year the experience gets better & better. The teachers are amazing, dedicated individuals who put their whole heart into all they do. We love AGCS & the community of teachers, administrators & families!
overall a nice school but lacks technology classes and coding class - an important part of the future. Also, lunches consist primarily of processed food versus good healthy food.
We love the smaller group size and teaching approach at AGCS. The administration is great to partner with and the teachers are quick to communicate with parents. Sometimes it can be frustrating academically because of space and funding challenges. But I believe it makes them more resourceful and innovative.
As a teacher at AGCS, I couldn't be happier in my position. I love the freedom I have to create the exciting and interactive lessons I was never able to do when forced to use scripted district curricula. I am well supported by the administration and my colleagues. Our students receive unique experiences through our micro-farm and our creative use of resources as well as the strong community of students in grades three through twelve. I truly feel lucky to have found this position.
Start Your Review of Avon Grove Charter School
Teachers and staff love their students and teach there even though they could make twice as much working in the public school.
AMAZING place of education! They not only make sure each child learns and understands what is being taught but they also make it fun for them. AGCS has an amazing staff that is caring and understanding. Thank you AGCS for all that you do with the limited funds and resources you have.
Our two children enjoy going to this school. They never want to miss a day. The curriculum is engaging. Teachers are good. Parental involvement is appreciated but not expected with plenty of opportunities to be involved. Clubs and after school programs give students opportunities to socialize and get to know teachers better. There is a good sense of community.