Avon Grove Charter School is an above average, public, charter school located in West Grove, PA. It has 1,655 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Avon Grove Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+20 Students
- B+19 Students
- A-16 Students
- B-14 Students
- A-12 Students
- A12 Students
- A11 Students
- B10 Students
- B-8 Students
- A+8 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingC
- Good for FamiliesA-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Avon Grove Charter School
- B+Delaware Military Academy
- Public School
- Wilmington, DE
- 82 reviews
- BCollegium Charter School
- Public School
- Exton, PA
- 138 reviews
- B-21st Century Cyber Charter School
- Online School
- Downingtown, PA
- 163 reviews
- A-Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School
- Online School
- Pennsylvania Leadership Charter School, PA
- 181 reviews
Avon Grove Charter School Reviews
All three of my children have attended AGCS since kindergarten and are now entering 7th, 8th, and 9th grades. Above all, my reason for the 5 star ranking is that each of my three children is extremely HAPPY at school. Though their individual needs are extremely different from one another - academically and socially as well as extracurricular interests- and this "small school" with more "limited programming" has easily met their needs. The teachers care deeply and have done everything within their power to help my children succeed, every step of the way. Administrators are approachable and open to feedback and problem solving. All staff are working to expand already amazing programming in the arts, science, language arts, history, math, and foreign language departments. Personal highlights for my children are the dance program (how often is that an option for a MS student?!)and the Chinese language program (one of few local schools to offer Chinese through AP). Highly recommend!
An outstanding school! Excellent academic rigor and standards with a small, neighborhood feel. The administration and teachers know all of the students. Not only do they ensure that your child is challenged academically, but they also focus on building character. My 7th grader has been at AGCS since Kindergarten. I have seen her grow into an accepting, kind, focused individual under the care of the teachers and staff. I highly recommend AGCS!
I believe that Avon Grove Charter School really allowed me to excel in not only my academics, but it also allowed me to become more active in my school. Avon Grove Charter School is a very small high school, with only 70 people in my graduating class. However, being a smaller school allowed for more opportunities. It allowed me to get involved in multiple clubs and allowed me to become president of student council. Becoming president opened up many doors and really allowed me to take on more responsibility and become respected among my peers. Inside of the classroom, the class sizes were smaller than an average classroom which allowed for more questions to be asked and for teachers to take more one on one time with their students. The Teachers at Avon Grove Charter School are also very invested in their students. Try often give up their lunch or preparation periods to help students who are struggling in their class. I rate Avon Grove Charter School overall four stars.