Avery High School is a public school located in Avery, TX. It has 119 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Avery High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+24 Students
- C+18 Students
- A+17 Students
- B17 Students
- B15 Students
- B12 Students
- A-12 Students
- C+11 Students
- B+10 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Avery High School Reviews
Most of the kids that graduate from this school try go to college. A few exception students graduate college. The scores overall on state test are high. It is a very small school average to 30 to 40 student per class grade. I think most of the teachers really care and try to teach the students to the best of their abilities because their income is low compared to other schools so they must care or they could get another job at other schools and the teachers stay year after year. Athletic program is good for the sports they offer. They always seem to win district and go to playoffs in all sports. There is not much racism or competing on popularity although drama is always somewhere if you wish to get involved in it. I like to attend all the games even when I am not playing. I love softball the best. I will miss my high school years and my friends. I am involved with many different community activities. I wish the school could be funded more so they could get more things to improve the school but I think then it would increase the school student enrollment and that means more teachers. I think they like to keep it small and that limits students to their full potential. They do not have band, choir or music classes. No football, soccer, track fields or tennis. Basketball, volleyball and cross country and sometimes golf is offered.
This school is an excellent school to attend. The one thing that the school lack in is diversity. If there were more of that I feel like the school will excel even more than it has.
Avery High School is an amazing school. The teachers are very supportive of the students. The students are very respectable and eager to learn.