Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Avery High School is an above average, public school located in Avery, TX. It has 166 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Avery High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+24 Students
- C+21 Students
- B-21 Students
- A+20 Students
- B17 Students
- B15 Students
- A-14 Students
- C+12 Students
- B11 Students
- B-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Avery High School Reviews
I have been at Avery High School since freshman year, and I have seen my fair share of accomplishments. Avery High School is not a perfect but strives to meet the needs of every student within the school. The small class sizes provide students with individual learning, and help from every teacher. There is almost no bullying which gives students the opportunity to have large groups of friends and great social skills. Avery High School has a good art program that pushes students to expand their imaginations and a great sports program that teaches students to strategize and work as a team. They are also one of the safest schools with routine safety drills and teachers that are trained for emergency situations. The school has an excellent counselor that works with outside programs to prepare students for college; for example Avery High School offers dual credit programs through Texarkana College to allow students to earn college credits for transfer along with high school credits.
In my eyes you get a lot of one on one time that I know personally I need. Within the last 2 years we have had many new teachers and many good changes. There is still many that need to be worked on but in my mind. I really have enjoyed Avery high school. My time here has been fantastic and I hope others enjoy it too!
Avery High School is an incredible school to go to. Avery HS has one of the best academic programs in the area with math and science being the 2 of the best subjects. The teachers are always willing to work with you which is a great thing for someone who misses school a lot due to extracurriculars like me. We have very supportive admin, too. They are always involved with the students and willing to lend a hand when needed. The admin have been hard at work to make our school more enjoyable like putting picnic tables outside for us to eat at and letting seniors paint their parking spots. Another great thing about Avery is the athletic program. The athletic director has worked hard to make the weight room better by purchasing new equipment when our old racks and weights were falling apart. I don't think I could've asked for a better school to attend these past four years and I hope they keep it this way for a long time.