Averill Park High School is an above average, public school located in Averill Park, NY. It has 1,046 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Averill Park High School Rankings
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-42 Students
- A40 Students
- B-35 Students
- B+32 Students
- A+31 Students
- A-28 Students
- B28 Students
- A-24 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Averill Park High School
- BIchabod Crane Senior High School
- Kinderhook Central School District, NY
- PK, 9-12
- 62 reviews
- B-Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Senior High School
- Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Central School District, NY
- 28 reviews
- BBerlin High School
- Berlin Central School District, NY
- 32 reviews
- C+Tamarac Middle School High School
- Brunswick Central School District (Brittonkill), NY
- 35 reviews
Averill Park High School Reviews
This school has pretty good academics and teachers. Also there are many electives, AP classes, and creative clubs in all subjects. This schools handles bullying very well too and is taken care of immediately. This school looks appealing on the outside but the history wing is filled with toxic mold that smells. A flood occurred in September 2015 and the school never did any remedial or anything too stupid to even think about the amount of water damage. Now people have health issues in the building because of it and the administration refuses to believe there's mold or do any proper testing.
Averill Park is generally pretty open-minded and accepting socially, especially for a small-town school in upstate NY. However, it's mostly white kids, and the school puts much more emphasis on the importance of sports than on music and the arts.
My school has some good points and some bad ones. The students recently started to fight almost every day, which makes the environment feel tense. Our drama club has had problems because of the adviser. However, we started receiving new clubs, and more students are getting involved. My school also serves the needs of different studies, based on disability and gender identity. My school was very accepting when I came out as transgender, and helped me maneuver through issues like bathroom and locker room situations. My school takes care of students that are different and never excludes them.