Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B71 Students
- A-37 Students
- A+32 Students
- A31 Students
- C29 Students
- B+27 Students
- A25 Students
- A-24 Students
- A+21 Students
- C+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Avenal High School Reviews
Attending Avenal High School has been an amazing experience. It is a school where one feel extremely safe and also where one learns new thins every day. I have been attending Avenal High School since my freshmen year and I can honestly say that it has contributed to my growth as a person. I am proud to say I attend Avenal High School because even though it is located in a small town and it is a very small campus, it is filled with amazing people and very intelligent teachers and students. One of my best experiences in life.
This is a great school!. In this school, we have many opportunities because we are considered low-income students. We have access to free tests for the state of California. Something I would like to change is the restrooms. I thin they are not adequate for a school environment. Another thing I would like to change is the school food because they give us food that contains too much oil on it.
This school needs some improvements, such as academic and administration, but overall it has been a pleasant experience these 4 years.