Avalon School Reviews

The advisers vary drastically. We knew there were some very engaged advisers, but my kid's adviser was actually pretty poor. Not able to motivate, and really would shame my kid to try to do better. It was horrible!
They are really great at developing a welcoming environment for all kids.
This school is great for people who have been bullied or teased at other schools, as it is a very welcoming place. Unfortunately, their implementation of project based learning really leaves the majority of the initiative up to the student. There are a few very interesting classes, but students are mostly left on their own and lots of them just sort of hang out most of the time. It's not a great place for a bright unmotivated kid, as there is very little to motivate them. It's the furthest thing from rigorous. For such a small school, we were surprised at how little attention seemed to be placed on some of the kids. The principal-less structure made it almost impossible for us to ask for any changes. I think this is a perfect place for creative kids who are really self-motivated, or for kids who just need to hide out through their hide school years for mental health issues We were so lucky to realize what was going on and to get our kid out in time!
Start Your Review of Avalon School
The teaching system was the best part