Avalon K-12 Rankings
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-31 Students
- A-22 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+11 Students
- A-11 Students
- C+10 Students
- B+10 Students
- B-10 Students
- B-9 Students
- B-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Avalon K-12 Reviews
My school is a K-12 in a small town on an island off the coast of Long beach, California and basically everyone grows up with each other and knows each other very well. We can consider each other brothers and sisters. The academics at my school are challenging for the ones who want to be challenging, which gets a student ready for college. That's why AP classes are offered for the juniors and seniors, to prepare for rigorous college classes and earn college credit. Something I would want my school to change is enforcing more AP classes that can be offered and perhaps at an earlier grade level. The teachers and faculty are so supportive with anything a student needs help with whether it's for schoolwork or starting a club. A weakness my school has is how to handle discipline. Discipline is very important for a school to have under control because it keeps students from overpowering and disrespecting school guidelines.
The teachers and staff at Avalon Schools go above and beyond what is expected of them and always encourage the students to do their best. All staff members are there to see the students succeed. The curriculum is hard to define because Common Core has recently changed many aspects. The scheduling process can be somewhat tedious but has evolved within the last two years into a simpler form for the students. Because the limited space, theres not a great selection of challenging courses. I would love to see Avalon add a few more AP courses. When taking AP classes, the workload can be overwhelming, but it's still manageable. Many teachers stay behind after hours and offer study sessions to give students the extra help and support.
Avalon k-12 is a small school with roughly 700 students. I like the school staff and admin, they are friendly and are a very welcoming group of people. In the future i would like this school to become more known, and hopefully offer foreign exchange programs so others can experience living and going to school on a beautiful island like Catalina.