Ava High School is a public school located in Ava, MO. It has 430 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Ava High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B61 Students
- A-32 Students
- A-28 Students
- B28 Students
- C+28 Students
- B+20 Students
- C+15 Students
- C14 Students
- C12 Students
- B+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Ava High School Reviews
The overall quality of the teachers at my school is great! Since I live in a small community, everyone here is pretty close knit. If you have a problem with a concept, need extra help, or simply need someone to confide in, you can always count on a teacher to provide help with strict confidentiality. Teacher's at Ava High School strive to help their students become successful. They try out new teaching techniques if one is not working out and encourage the use of technology as a helpful tool. Our teachers are hardworking, dedicated individuals and they receive my utmost respect.
Sport events and pep rallies are by far my favorite experiences at my high school. The school spirit the student body as a whole has is outstanding! Our staff promotes school pride to every student along with respect for competing schools. If I had to go through school all over again, I wouldn't hesitate to attend Ava High School for another 4 years.
It was a great school, with amazing teachers. They are a little strict on the rules, which restricts how students express themselves. The school seemed to care more about pleasing certain people based off of names, instead of caring about the education of the students. this is expected of a small town school though, and the education is great for such a small school.