Austin Senior High School Reviews

Austin High School has staff and administration that is committed to student success. The school partners with other community organizations and the local community college to provide unique post-secondary opportunities.
Variety of sports offered was good for a small community. Teachers were easy to get a hold of and very approachable. Community involvement was high.
I had a great time at Austin High School, but your level of involvement determines your experience. I was involved with music, student government, and varsity sports. I got to meet a lot of different people and made connections with people who I would typically not get to know well. The core classes are kind of a joke, while the advanced/AP classes were fairly challenging.
Start Your Review of Austin Senior High School
good environment and opportunities but I wasn't getting pushed enough to prepare for college. most of the college prep courses were a waste of time and weren't effective
The school seemed to put more care into problem students in certain classes rather than giving attention to student who were applying themselves. But, the school gave a lot of opportunities for students to succeed including post secondary education experiences, advances placement courses, and free ACT testing.
i think that Austin Senior High is a very good place to go to school because there is a wide variety of people and cultures that blend well toghther at the school. I also believe that most of the people that work there truly care about there students and the community of Austin. One of the best things that show how much spirit this school and the students have for themselves is at sporting events and the way everyone comes out and supports there teams as a community.
My overall experience at Austin High School impacted my life in a way that made me think more about my future. The education and teachers helped me develop a plan for my school and college. I never though that one day I would be applying for scholarship to attend my nursing program. Austin High School provides students all the help they require and wonderful opportunities.
I like this school because some of the teachers are invested in making sure students succeed. I also appreciate how the school cares for the music program (Orchestra, Band, and Choir). There are many talented students who invest a lot of time in these things, and I think they don't get enough credit. The only downfalls for this school is that passing time is only five minutes, lunch breaks are less than thirty minutes, and lunches are not appetizing.
High school was a place of discovery for myself. I realized the importance of my grades and the hard work I put in. I had a good time, but not a great time. I felt if I wasn't appreciated there. I worked hard, but no one seemed to notice.
At Austin High School, students are very friendly and we always like to help each other out. Teachers always help us to solve our problems between each other. The diversity is amazing how everyone just hangs out with each other no matter the race, age, or gender.
My favorite experience of high school was having the opportunity to take full time college classes away from the school my junior year. However, before I left, I endured two years of disgusting cafeteria food that was to be eaten in an extremely dirty environment, teachers that hardly could control their classes, and hallways lined with garbage that were crowded with too many students that were notorious for smelling of too much body spray. In my time away, I have allowed for very few short visits to the school only for assistance from the not-so-helpful counseling department.
I liked the support of everyone and being able to get help from a variety of people. The teachers are awesome and care about you as a person and your learning. There’s a great number of sports and clubs to get into to be involved in the school and the community.
The school is quite big, so you could possibly get lost. But, after a few months you'll start cherishing this beautiful castle. There's are many different cultures. The sports are probably the best part about AHS. The teams are amazing!
What I like about this high school is that there are a lot of academic help whenever we as students need it. We have a person that is dedicated to help us apply to scholarships, colleges or anything that is school related. He also sends emails to every student with a list of scholarship opportunities. Overall, the school is really dedicated on helping the students that really needs the help. The school also brings people from colleges and depending if we are interested we can go and ask questions about the college and admission requirements. This is a school that definitely offers many opportunities to students that really want to success.
My experience has been pretty great with Austin High School overall. I am very grateful that I have been given the opportunity to earn my associate's degree through post-secondary enrollment while receiving high school credit at the same time. Even though I no longer attend because I am technically fully enrolled in our community college I enjoyed my time spent here. That being said one thing that needs to be worked on at this school is the food because it is not very appetizing. I understand that they are trying to be healthy, but I think that can be done in a way where the food is somewhat appealing.
There are very nice people here. You can usually find a group that enjoys a wide range of different things to do and they are all very welcoming.
My experience at Austin high school has been very enjoyable , i would like to see my school become a more greener school
Start Your Review of Austin Senior High School
This school is very unique as it has battle of connects. Everyone has amazing school spirit and it is what you make it to be.
During my 4 years at Austin high school. The school is really great. The teachers are very kind and upbeat. They helped us with everything when we need that support from them. We have a great sportsmanship at our school sports events. We have a lot of great activities and prep fest during the schools . The teachers are welling to help us with resources when we need them.
Most of the teachers are great and there are many class options. The school is old and the building is not the best.