Austin Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Austin, MN. It has 1,290 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Austin Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B123 Students
- A+119 Students
- B100 Students
- B70 Students
- A+56 Students
- B-55 Students
- A54 Students
- B+48 Students
- B40 Students
- A-37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Austin Senior High School
- NGAustin Area Learning Center
- Austin Public School District, MN
- B+Blooming Prairie Secondary School
- Blooming Prairie Public School District, MN
- 6 reviews
- C+Hayfield Secondary School
- Hayfield Public School District, MN
- 48 reviews
- C+Lyle Secondary School
- Lyle Public School District, MN
- 1 review
Austin Senior High School Reviews
The school is quite big, so you could possibly get lost. But, after a few months you'll start cherishing this beautiful castle. There's are many different cultures. The sports are probably the best part about AHS. The teams are amazing!
What I like about this high school is that there are a lot of academic help whenever we as students need it. We have a person that is dedicated to help us apply to scholarships, colleges or anything that is school related. He also sends emails to every student with a list of scholarship opportunities. Overall, the school is really dedicated on helping the students that really needs the help. The school also brings people from colleges and depending if we are interested we can go and ask questions about the college and admission requirements. This is a school that definitely offers many opportunities to students that really want to success.
If I could redo my high school experience I would still go to Austin Senior High School. I believe that our schools students were very involved. Not only would parents go to a basketball game or a softball game but us students would also go. The amount of support that all the sports in our school get is incredible. We are all there for each other and I think that's why my high school experience was so great. Because no matter what sport you were in or why you were in it, there was always a student and parent crowd cheering you on from the sidelines!