Founded in 1961, Austin Preparatory School, also known as Austin Prep, is a private coeducational, Catholic independent day school that offers wide-ranging opportunities. The academic program covers seven years, from grades 6-12, and is aligned with the best practices and teachings of St. Augustine. The administration and faculty at Austin work hard to foster an environment where our young men and women develop as lifelong learners, are engaged citizens, and are equipped to succeed in life after Austin Prep. Our classes average 15 students and the student-to-teacher ratio is 10:1. With more than 23 interscholastic athletic programs, 60 clubs, and 20 Advanced Placement courses, Austin graduates are all accepted to four-year colleges and universities. The Office of Admissions hosts visitors on campus beginning in October and looks forward to sharing the reasons why Austin Prep would make a true difference in the life of your child. Your Journey starts here.
Austin Preparatory School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+32 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+25 Students
- A23 Students
- A+22 Students
- B+19 Students
- A+18 Students
- A-17 Students
- B16 Students
- B+16 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Austin Preparatory School Reviews
is amazing. The faculty really care and the headmaster continues to elevate the school. The dining hall is being renovated and I’m sorry my daughter unfortunately won’t get to use it, but she did get to play in the new stadium that was built 2 years ago!