Austin High School Reviews

I enjoyed the involvement from a lot of teachers, but the administration as a whole was lacking and not completely invested. I would like to see the administration show more effort.
What I liked about Austin high was that the community was very welcoming but towards the end of the year racial issues began to occur. but overall i enjoyed most of my time here!
I love Austin High because it is a very diverse place to go to school. What i would like to see change is how these diverse people are treated at my school.
Start Your Review of Austin High School
I like the people I met the school was alright but could have prepared me more for college and real. Didn’t really learn anything because I was just being taught what to do to pass the star test.
I like that Austin high school has different characters at the school from military to Hispanic. Something I would like to see change about Austin high school is nothing at the moment I really enjoy going to school there.
The reason I am not giving them all five stars is because the teachers were limited by the district's policies though they cared immensely, which created many opportunities for frustrating things to occur that then limited the progression of the student. Along with this, there were times that I was challenged to find answers in homework but was unable to because there was no textbook with which to confer to, and I was forced to find the answers online, as due to the district's wants, grades mattered more than the learning of the material. Fights occurred constantly; there was only a small percentage of African Americans, one-third whites, and the majority was of Hispanics, so some diversity, but not nearly as evened out; the health department within the school stopped giving out pads and tampons because now they could have children pay for them within the bathrooms and make a sickening profit from it; bathrooms were always breaking down and almost never worked.
I love everything about it, honestly. I've made so many incredible memories at this school and while there are a lot of things that I'd go back and change, I'm content with where I am.
The school community is very inclusive, but lacks true diversity. But, parents are very involved in trying to make the high school experience enjoyable for all students, which truly makes the school great for the kids. There's strong school spirit and pride for everyone to enjoy
Im currently a Junior at Austin high school and my experience has been great. Most of the teachers are great to talk to about anything that is going on in your day or life. There is a variety of electives to choose from, Im in Color Guard and in Orchestra which I enjoy very much.
Great school with great traditions and supportive alumni that really care about the school still along with the students in it.
It's overall a good school. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I like it and have made many friends. The teachers I've had are all super nice!
The school has a nice atmosphere with a good location, minus traffic, and a diverse population. There is a different group for everybody at the school and the teachers are all pretty cool and know what they're talking about which makes it easier to learn. The programs at school all have dedicated participants who try to make the school look good.
Love the engaging environment and the great teachers! I've learned everything from this school, from how to survive freshman year, to how to apply to college. It's motivated and kept me going so far and I can't wait to see where it'll get me on the future.
Overall, I am proud to have attended Austin Hogh School and to be able to call my self a Maroon. I have found friends here and found my passion for computers as well thanks to the new PLTW program. Although the new principal is stricter and does things differently, I still enjoy being apart of the Austin High community.
I am part of the Academy for Global Studies, which I think has been a valuable experience for me, though not necessarily by developing me in the way the program advertises. At Austin High, I've had teachers that are either really great or very poor, the latter being due to either a lack of drive on the part of the teacher to facilitate understanding within his or her students or a general ineptitude for teaching. That said, I've felt safe enough at school and had a pleasant enough time growing into an adult. I really like the College and Career Center and think one of the best things the school could do is try to increase its involvement with students in a purposeful way.
overall the experience that I have with this place its awesome! the people really friendly, kind and help the visitor to know more about the school
This school really helped shape me into who I am. I met so many great people and the teachers really care about their students. Although I feel the academics weren't as exceptional as they could have been, I felt pretty prepared as I entered college.
Start Your Review of Austin High School
The fine arts programs were particularly fun.
They seemed to really care about us and wanted us to succeed.
It's a mixed bag of people who really care and people who are just getting by. How do we create a system where everyone does better than just getting by?