Austin-East Magnet High School Reviews

My experience at Austin East was honestly the best. In the 4 years I’ve been there it taught me so many things like time management, responsibilities, etc. Everyone in the school is like a family. You feel welcomed in every class. There were some bumps in the road but nothing to big you couldnt hop over. Yes, there are a lot of sterotypes about Austin East and some say AE stands for “almost educated” well those couldnt be anymore of a false statement. Austin East has the most Intelligent and talented students. The programs they have help people, help the students. Teachers go out there way to help you with your work and also to keep you out of trouble. All in all Austin East is honestly the best school hands down in my opinion and I wouldn’t have went to any other.
I thought AE was an amazing school. The inclusivity of the school was outstanding and people there definitely didn’t fit any stereotype set by people in the Knoxville community.
So far my experience at Austin East has been wonderful, I love my school so much an it has given me so many opportunities that I wouldn't have had at any other school. I love the programs and academics and my teachers, I feel that the school really wants you to exceed and pushes you too, one thing I would change is the communication between the school administration to parents though, other than that I think Austin East is awesome.
Start Your Review of Austin-East Magnet High School
My experience at Austin-East has had its ups and downs but overall i can say that this was the best high school I could have ever attended. This school has so many people who care about your future and want to see you do great things in life. Teachers I have had in the past 4 years, I have been able to make great friendships with about half of them. Austin-East is the type of high school that does not get attention for being a well rounded, performing arts, magnet school but attention on where we are located or maybe that most of our student body is African American, no one really takes the time out to see that we have very talented students or even that are education is growing every year. Austin East has taught me that no matter where you come from , there is always success out there for everyone.
What i like about the school, is that they have a very nice performing arts part. But I would like to see change in the way the teaching strategy is used.
I'd like to see a little more diversity, i would also like to see more students involved. As well as more teachers so we can be one ad one hands on.
This is a pretty safe school
AE is a great school! It's just lacking some stuff
Teaches teach extremely well at AE!
I always felt safe when I was at school!
I was involved in many extracurricular activities and I loved being apart of all of them! I know for a fact they would not have been offered with the same quality at any other school!
This school had a lot to offer that the other high school's in the area did not offer. I absolutely loved going to Austin East and I would not have chosen any other school.
Most of the teachers genuinely cared about the students. They go above and beyond to make sure the students are successful.
I actually love this school! I would choose this school again if I had to do it all over again. It's a great performing arts school. It is a project grad school which means they support and motivate you to graduate. The academics are expressed through they way everyone learns. Overall, I love my school.
I have been attending Austin East since my freshman year and I can honestly say that I love it. Now, I had my moments where I didn't like some of the decisions they made, but the amazing Performing Arts and great Teachers really made up for it. I love how close the teachers are with the students and how determined they are to see the students succeed in life. The Performing Arts at this school are what makes Austin-East so unique because those are the things that brings everyone together.
There's not much support for our sports teams. We are a magnet school and we mainly get support for our dancers and our art performances
The nurse is very helpful and comes to the classroom if needed. The administration doesn't allow for much violence or drugs because of our zero tolerance policy. I feel safe walking into my school
Start Your Review of Austin-East Magnet High School
The cafeteria staff is comprised of caring women and men that deserve respect for the hard work they do to provide the students with hot meals twice a day.
They have the best interest of the students in mind and will give appropriate punishments when needed while remaining consistent.
The teachers at this school genuinely care about the students and will do anything for them to walk across the stage and move on to bigger and better things.