Austin-East Magnet High School is a public school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 581 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-70 Students
- B50 Students
- B-41 Students
- C+41 Students
- C+33 Students
- B-22 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-22 Students
- C+19 Students
- B18 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Austin-East Magnet High School Reviews
My experience at Austin-East has had its ups and downs but overall i can say that this was the best high school I could have ever attended. This school has so many people who care about your future and want to see you do great things in life. Teachers I have had in the past 4 years, I have been able to make great friendships with about half of them. Austin-East is the type of high school that does not get attention for being a well rounded, performing arts, magnet school but attention on where we are located or maybe that most of our student body is African American, no one really takes the time out to see that we have very talented students or even that are education is growing every year. Austin East has taught me that no matter where you come from , there is always success out there for everyone.
So far my experience at Austin East has been wonderful, I love my school so much an it has given me so many opportunities that I wouldn't have had at any other school. I love the programs and academics and my teachers, I feel that the school really wants you to exceed and pushes you too, one thing I would change is the communication between the school administration to parents though, other than that I think Austin East is awesome.
I actually love this school! I would choose this school again if I had to do it all over again. It's a great performing arts school. It is a project grad school which means they support and motivate you to graduate. The academics are expressed through they way everyone learns. Overall, I love my school.