Austin-East Magnet High School is a public, magnet school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 642 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Austin-East Magnet High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-84 Students
- B72 Students
- C66 Students
- B63 Students
- C+41 Students
- B-36 Students
- B36 Students
- B32 Students
- B-29 Students
- B+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Austin-East Magnet High School Reviews
Overall, Austin East Magnet High School was an amazing school that helped me to find my value as an African American female and to find my voice. As I became a student at Austin East, I had to undergo many challenges that Austin East faced daily. Seeing these face to face helped me realize my love for standing up for civil rights, or generally what is right. Although Austin East needs help with many things like finding more programs to truly suit all its students and bringing in more teachers that genuinely care, I ultimately would not trade it for any school, because it prepared me to be as successful as possible in the future with a path that truly fits me.
My experience at Austin East was honestly the best. In the 4 years I’ve been there it taught me so many things like time management, responsibilities, etc. Everyone in the school is like a family. You feel welcomed in every class. There were some bumps in the road but nothing to big you couldnt hop over. Yes, there are a lot of sterotypes about Austin East and some say AE stands for “almost educated” well those couldnt be anymore of a false statement. Austin East has the most Intelligent and talented students. The programs they have help people, help the students. Teachers go out there way to help you with your work and also to keep you out of trouble. All in all Austin East is honestly the best school hands down in my opinion and I wouldn’t have went to any other.
Austin-East has provided me with endless opportunities to find myself and experience creativity. Throughout my academic career I have met plenty of supportive people, teachers, and sponsors that help me be successful.