Austin-East Magnet High School is a public school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 600 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-71 Students
- B53 Students
- B-44 Students
- C+43 Students
- C+33 Students
- B-22 Students
- B+22 Students
- B-21 Students
- C+19 Students
- B17 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Austin-East Magnet High School Reviews
My experience at Austin East was honestly the best. In the 4 years I’ve been there it taught me so many things like time management, responsibilities, etc. Everyone in the school is like a family. You feel welcomed in every class. There were some bumps in the road but nothing to big you couldnt hop over. Yes, there are a lot of sterotypes about Austin East and some say AE stands for “almost educated” well those couldnt be anymore of a false statement. Austin East has the most Intelligent and talented students. The programs they have help people, help the students. Teachers go out there way to help you with your work and also to keep you out of trouble. All in all Austin East is honestly the best school hands down in my opinion and I wouldn’t have went to any other.
My experience at Austin-East has had its ups and downs but overall i can say that this was the best high school I could have ever attended. This school has so many people who care about your future and want to see you do great things in life. Teachers I have had in the past 4 years, I have been able to make great friendships with about half of them. Austin-East is the type of high school that does not get attention for being a well rounded, performing arts, magnet school but attention on where we are located or maybe that most of our student body is African American, no one really takes the time out to see that we have very talented students or even that are education is growing every year. Austin East has taught me that no matter where you come from , there is always success out there for everyone.
So far my experience at Austin East has been wonderful, I love my school so much an it has given me so many opportunities that I wouldn't have had at any other school. I love the programs and academics and my teachers, I feel that the school really wants you to exceed and pushes you too, one thing I would change is the communication between the school administration to parents though, other than that I think Austin East is awesome.