Ausable Valley High School is a public school located in Clintonville, NY. It has 363 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Ausable Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B28 Students
- A14 Students
- C+14 Students
- A11 Students
- B-9 Students
- A-8 Students
- A+7 Students
- C7 Students
- B+7 Students
- A+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Ausable Valley High School
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Ausable Valley High School
- B-Saranac High School
- Saranac Central School District, NY
- 46 reviews
- BPeru Jr./Sr. High School
- Peru Central School District, NY
- 68 reviews
- B+Plattsburgh Senior High School
- Plattsburgh City School District, NY
- 64 reviews
- C-Willsboro Central School
- Willsboro Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 5 reviews
Ausable Valley High School Reviews
There are several sports available such as swimming, basketball, volleyball, football, wrestling, baseball and softball, soccer, hockey, track, and bowling. There is also an annual school musical that is put on. Students prepare for a few months and put on an amazing show every year. There is also a lot of opportunities for community service with doing concession stands for sports and other school activities. There is a homework helpers club held after school for students struggling with some material. Teachers and administrators often go to watch and cheer on the sporting teams.
There are many clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. Key Club, French Club, National Honor Society, Drama Club, Jazz Choir, Student Council, Art Club, and so much more. The commitment one makes to the club depends on how passionate and involved the student becomes. There is plenty of activities to do, but my favorite club was the French Club. I had such an amazing French teacher. She brought us to Montreal for a day or two, usually every year, and she always kept the students interested. She is very fun, and I couldn't have asked for a better teacher. There are also a number of sports to participate in such as swimming, soccer, volleyball, football, tennis, track, bowling, and others. Usually these sports are the after school activities. Overall, my experience at this high school went pretty well.
Many students at this high school are involved in athletics. From my senior class, over half of the students had played some sort of sport that year. With our team performances, Girls Volleyball went pretty far that year, and the year before, Boys Soccer and Girls Basketball went to Regionals. However, our Football team hasn't been doing all that great in past years, probably because the team didn't get along so well. The fans on the other hand, support the students no matter what, especially since most of the fans are parents, friends, or family. The school has quite a bit of spirit, especially during our homecoming week. The athletic facilities are usually kept clean and decent, but there are not really any fitness programs. Some teachers had discussed it before, but it was never put into action. Someone had donated quite a bit of money to the school, which is why there is a turf field and gorgeous track. This high school has been pretty lucky over the past ten years because of all the money they receive to upgrade the school to great standards.